Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--March 17-19, 2023 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--March 17-19, 2023

Virtual Quilting Weekend--March 17-19, 2023

Old 03-18-2023, 01:42 PM

Well I got all my blocks made. Now I need to figure out sashing and borders. That will be for another day. I want to start on the wheelchair quilts next
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	D96371BC-E0EA-4264-90AA-3CCC66BFFEAD.jpeg
Views:	76
Size:	168.3 KB
ID:	643118  
Old 03-18-2023, 02:58 PM

Celia, I would just use a simple sashing maybe 1 in or 1 1/2 then a first border of the same size in the gray. then a wider colorful border that has all the colors that you used, The blocks would float and look like they are spinning.

Me- I'm done with clearing tile in the basement. Toilet is out and 95% of stuff around where it was is done, but my wrist just can't hold the cold chisel while I pound on it any more. So after dinner I'm sewing! I guess I have gotten to sew much more than I expected.
Old 03-19-2023, 05:32 AM

Hoping to finish up the extra borders for the Bonnie Hunter Chilhowie Mystery quilt today. Also, I am going to try to finish piecing the backing for it so I can pass it off to my longarm quilter tomorrow. When I first started it, I was not sure about the color combo, but over time, I grew to like it more and more!
Old 03-19-2023, 07:59 AM

I am getting something done. Today, I am planning on getting two extra borders on En Provence which I think was the mystery quilt in 2018? Anyway, that one is supposed to be 87 or so by 87 I think, and I want it be 90 X 90 so I am adding a three inch border to make it 93 X 93 so it should be approximately 90 X 90 when quilted and washed. At least that is what I am planning. Then have to make the backing for that and last years mystery and then back to the final border for Chillhowie except I do believe I just made an extra border two to that one. Not all these is going to be done today.
Old 03-19-2023, 02:41 PM

Looks like some sewing machines were working this weekend. Chilly here in mid Maine, so was a great weekend to sew. I have finished the three jelly roll rugs, Halloween themed, finished, and ready for delivery. She also ordered a rope bowl, and table runners, which is what I worked on and finished this weekend. I have to work again tomorrow, so I will not be able to get in much sewing, but I will plan to check in to see what everyone got accomplished. Thank you Heather for hosting. I am looking forward to Aprils VQW and sewing again with everyone.
Old 03-19-2023, 03:00 PM

JC...if tht quilt is from Donna Jordan lRiolling Stone(s) pattern, I just love it. I've made that pattern at least 3 times. With and without sashing. I lilked mine better with the sashing. Made the blocks stand out more. Hmmm...t think I need to go thru my fab and make another one.

Now regarding VQW...did not organize fab. Have two pillowcases left to lfinish up by Wed. Traced pieces for applique table runner. So I did get something done. Tomorrow is my weekly Sit n Sew with a couple quilter buddies. Contary to public opinion, we DO get something done...lol
Old 03-19-2023, 03:39 PM

I hope everyone enjoy National Quilting Day yesterday. I overdid it myself and had to lay on the heating pad last night . Can't be doing that with a retreat coming up!

happylab--I hope you made good progress on your list.

LogCabin82--cute hexies!

DoBeeDoQuilts--I'm sure you weren't the only one working on Bonnie Hunter this weekend. Her quilts are quite popular on Virtual Quilting Weekends.

I worked in the kitchen today so didn't get any quilting done but did get several projects ready for the retreat yesterday.

See you all in April!
Old 03-19-2023, 04:56 PM

Dedemac, I have just enough gray to do sashing but not a border. Debating using that or a black I have in stash.

I got 2 wheelchair quilts pieced and ready to back tomorrow. Great VQW.
Old 03-20-2023, 04:08 AM

I finished adding borders/sashing and loaded one big scrappy onto the longarm, and I finished piecing the scrappy railroad crossing and just need to "shop the stash" for border/backing fabric. In between, I'm committed to making 10-12 of the Connecting Threads Bunny Bags. That uses some scraps too. We give them out to Grandmas at church to pass on to grandchildren.
Old 03-20-2023, 04:38 AM

Good morning everyone, as expected no sewing at all yesterday. On the plus side DH and I did spend the day with great friends. I had a nice stout at Lift Bridge in WI and we took a tour of the 45th parallel spirits with a tasting at the end of the tour. Both were located in New Richmond WI, right next door to each other. The vodka and gin were nice but the whiskey was not to my taste, but I know I don't do most whiskeys or scotch's. Only thing we bought besides the tour tickets were a stout each at the pub. I do have two nice glasses from the tour to remember it by. But those are cute and useful. I should get the last of the sub units together today for the UFO I've been working on so I have a bit of sewing for me today.

Heather thank you for hosting this month and see everyone next month.