Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Are you proud of your state? >
  • Are you proud of your state?

• Are you proud of your state?

Old 03-10-2011, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by laalaaquilter
    My state has faults but to my way of thinking only residents are allowed to enumerate them!
    Sort of like I can gripe about my sister, but nobody else dares to say a word about her.

I feel the same way about Minnesota. Edie
    Old 03-10-2011, 06:39 PM

While we are talking about states...I want to shout out for Texas. I've never lived there, but the most wonderful daughter-in-law in the world comes from Houston, so I'll say TX is great to have produced such a loving, caring young woman!
    Old 03-10-2011, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by QBeth
    I love NH but love my state of mind better. I'm a Yankee, to the core. It comes with me, wherever I go.
    And those of us proud enough to affirm our Yankee heritage are the most wicked folks you will ever have the pleasure to meet and greet!
    Old 03-10-2011, 07:06 PM

i will probally never go back,but my heart is up in the blue ridge mountains above asheville, nc.it is so beautiful there. we are thinking of trying texas after our time here my kids live there now by fortworth. they really like there, we plan to visit this summer to see.
    Old 03-10-2011, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by nakuna
    I am proud to say I am from Wisconsin... but very embarrassed by our Governor and the Republican senators who pushed that bill through last night so illegally. I have been to Madison protesting 4 times and will go again Sat. Today the Governor was flying a private jet across the state and just holding news conferences... no public allowed in. What a waste of taxpayer money...he could have done that in Madison... OH don't get me started...
    But I am proud to say I am from Wisconsin... with clean air, water, recycling, reusing, and great education...today, but who know about tomorrow????
    Amen to that. Love our state, don't love the state it's in. :-(
    Old 03-10-2011, 07:13 PM

I am proud to be from IOWA---been here all my life---I even know all the words to the state song "We're from Iowa, Iowa, Best in all the land, joy on every hand. Iowa, Iowa, that's where the tall corn grows" Not Heaven, It's Iowa......
    Old 03-10-2011, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by harrishs
    I am proud to be from IOWA---been here all my life---I even know all the words to the state song "We're from Iowa, Iowa, Best in all the land, joy on every hand. Iowa, Iowa, that's where the tall corn grows" Not Heaven, It's Iowa......
    I love Iowa too :thumbup: I wasn't born here but have lived here 38 years. We consider ourselves he heartland of the country
    and don't forget our Hawkeyes!!!!!
    Old 03-10-2011, 07:29 PM

I love the state i live in. West Virginia,friendly folks and just beautiful mountains here etc.
    Old 03-10-2011, 07:37 PM

You'll probably think I'm nuts but I am very proud to be from NORTH DAKOTA!!!! I know everyone thinks we're the end of the earth & can't understand why we would live here but I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. We have the four different seasons. Winter, roadwork, winter & roadwork! Kidding aside I personally couldn't live where it was the same year round. This year our winter has been very long & now we're awaiting the flood once again but when the days start warming up & you start seeing grass & the trees start budding it's worth it. Just being able to see the sky and breathe fresh air is worth a million bucks. We are very flat but at least you don't have to worry wants around the corner since you can see for miles..... If you go out to the western part of the state you can see the beautiful Badlands with the most amazing scenery. We're a hardy bunch of friendly,dependable & trustworthy people up here & we always say the cold weather keeps the riff raff out! I do love to visit all the other wonderful states though but it's always best to get back home.

Fritzy
    Old 03-10-2011, 08:09 PM

Sure, Tennessee is famous for its corn, cotton, and tobacco. It is a great agribusiness state. It's famous for its many music genres - country being the most notable. Don't forget Andrew Jackson, too. You have a beautiful and welcoming state.