Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
"Your Going to Ride your Bicycle Where??????" >

"Your Going to Ride your Bicycle Where??????"

"Your Going to Ride your Bicycle Where??????"

Old 06-22-2011, 07:56 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: At first, I thought you meant bicycle... but 100+ miles per day, I am pretty sure would mean you are riding your motorcycle BIKE! Big difference. I bet it will be a beautiful trip. Have fun. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 06-22-2011, 06:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
:lol: :lol: :lol: At first, I thought you meant bicycle... but 100+ miles per day, I am pretty sure would mean you are riding your motorcycle BIKE! Big difference. I bet it will be a beautiful trip. Have fun. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am on a bicycle, here are a couple of the ones that I am looking at right now.

[img]http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/...ent_x_2100.jpg[/img]

Or this one, this is a carbon fiber bike....

[img]http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/..._fire_2100.jpg[/img]

Billy
Old 06-22-2011, 06:26 PM

Billy, if you make a wrong turn and end up in Chicago you can bunk here...I even know a where to look for a couple of nice machines... ;-)

You sure you don't want to drive one way and ride the other???
Old 06-22-2011, 06:34 PM
Banned

If I can play with Tink I would head your way in an instant!! But I would have to pedal a few more miles out of the way.....

Billy
Old 06-22-2011, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
If I can play with Tink I would head your way in an instant!! But I would have to pedal a few more miles out of the way.....

Billy
LOL...you can even sleep with her...although I will warn you that with the Bison kibble she eats, she can clear a room...
Old 06-22-2011, 06:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom

Billy
LOL...you can even sleep with her...although I will warn you that with the Bison kibble she eats, she can clear a room...
Okay you talked me into it!! I miss my Lola and Tink sure looks like her......... I will just have to eat some of her kibble so I can keep up with her!!

Billy
Old 06-22-2011, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom

Billy
Okay you talked me into it!! I miss my Lola and Tink sure looks like her......... I will just have to eat some of her kibble so I can keep up with her!!

Billy
That's a lot of peddling to sleep with Stinky Tinky! ROFL...
Old 06-22-2011, 10:37 PM

Hope you come to your senses... Travel by night what if you have a flat tire in the middle of no where? Just not safe.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:01 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by quilt-fanatic
Hope you come to your senses... Travel by night what if you have a flat tire in the middle of no where? Just not safe.
I wont be riding it at night during the trip, but I will be riding it at night a lot with the local bike club we have here in town. They ride 30+ miles twice a week and it is usually around 8pm or so when they take off. But I ride my mountain bike at night all the time now but with several guys I hang out with. Its cooler and its more fun out in the woods at night. You get to see all sorts of wildlife and just the solitude is nice.

But I have a repair kit with me on my mountain bike so if I have a flat I can take it apart and put it back together and get going again. But it has Kevlar tires (at the tune of $65 each :shock: ) and the tubes are made to withstand punctures so the chance of a flat are slim but still possible.

But riding across the country on a bike is on my bucket list and by golly I am going to do it!! Plus I have lost over 30lbs since I have been pedaling again and my wife even said I am getting my cute butt back :mrgreen:

Billy
Old 06-23-2011, 11:35 AM

buy a side car for your bike and you can buy me a machine!!!
Yep according to my wife I have lost my ever loving mind but I am going to do it anyway. Billy is going for a little bike ride........... :P

I am going to be leaving in the next month or so heading to Indy and the Speedway. I didnt get to go to the races this year because I was in Charlotte at the NASCAR race but I still want the 100th Anniversary T-Shirt. And what better way to go and pick it up than to ride my bicycle. So now I am planning a safe route to get up there and back hitting a lot of the back roads and byways. The only bad thing about it is that I will not be able to carry any sewing machines home with me on a bike when I stop and look around at different spots during the trip. :(

But I am thinking it will be a 6 or 7 day round trip going up through TN, KY, and IN. I do want to ride through the land between the lakes and stay at the park one night. I figured as I plan this trip out that I could swing by some of your places, hang out and if it was okay crash for the night. I want to try and to meet as many quilters and machine collectors on the board on this little excursion that my wife thinks is crazy if possible. I am guesstimating that I will ride around 100 miles +/- a day and I want to change up the return route from the way I came.

Billy