Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
YOUR quilting "style" >

YOUR quilting "style"

YOUR quilting "style"

Old 06-23-2011, 04:49 PM

I'm with GrammyP traditional but with the newer brighter colors They just liven up any room there in
Old 06-23-2011, 04:50 PM

I'd classify myself as traditional, love the country style look and tend to shy away from ultra modern. Quilts to me are about home and family which means, to me, the old time look. Love the Civil War quilts, and Reproduction patterns the most.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by MargeD
Pardon my ignorance, but what is a BQ2? I am not familiar with a lot of the "shorthand". Thanks.
Thank you MargeD. I was wondering the same thing. There's a lot that I can figure out but not this one. I wish there was a place we could look up all these acronyms.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:06 PM
Power Poster

LOL...I don't know that one either! All I can think of is Bar-B-Que 2 and yes, can you tell I'm hungry! LOL!
Old 06-23-2011, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Maire
After many years of quilting & trying different styles I have come to realize I'm actually happier doing the simple fast type of blocks & squares, I love scrappy. I love seeing my quilts being used by my family and friends on the ground at picnics, on the floor for a baby, etc. And when I give them I tell them that is how they are to be used. I machine piece & quilt & make them to go in the washer & dryer many times.
Amen...my thoughts...and style... exactly! :thumbup:
Old 06-23-2011, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by MargeD
Pardon my ignorance, but what is a BQ2? I am not familiar with a lot of the "shorthand". Thanks.
Here is a link to a BQ2 quilt, so you can see the pattern.
http://www.mapleislandquilts.com/ima...rge/MIQ965.jpg

I wish there was a place we could look up all these acronyms.
When you see an acronym you are not familiar with, do a google search on the acronym followed by "quilt". For example, google "BQ2 quilt".

I am drawn to contemporary quilts in strong, bold, cool colors. I love batiks and am attracted to purple, blue and green fabric.

Elise
Old 06-23-2011, 06:24 PM

scrappy and more scrappy
Old 06-23-2011, 07:08 PM

I love all those quick and easy quilts, not just for charity, but for myself as well. Sometimes you need something with large blocks to show off your great fabrics. Besides I want to see results in a short time, not years. Don't like artsy quilts and hate applique. Right now I am working on a double Irish chain using large scale lilac flowered fabric for the centers and green and purple chains.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:15 PM

I'm new to this site, but I'd like to put in my two cents worth. My "style" is less than traditional, but not contemporary. I guess you'd say it's what tickles my fancy at the moment. I'm most proud of my Wave Salute, pieced diagonally in patriotic colors and has NO points to lose. I renamed it Patriot Dream and gifted it to my adult son.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:16 PM

I'm enjoying the quick and easy, mostly because with me they are NOT quick and easy - generally something goes wrong during my execution (run out of thread, material, time, patience, machine goes down, etc)!!

Practice makes perfect. Yet the quilts I've made that were more complex actually tend to stick in my memory a lot more (maybe because of the time they took to make them). I love the bright bold colors put into traditional blocks, with some kind of scrappy twist to the pattern. Love it!