Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Update on Candlequilter Star Block quilts >

Update on Candlequilter Star Block quilts

Update on Candlequilter Star Block quilts

Old 07-17-2011, 05:48 AM

Mine wouldn't lay flat at first either but once it was sewed & I took the paper off for some reason it all worked out & pressed flat. Maybe you are all stopping too soon. I know I was about to.
Originally Posted by Aunt Sue
Originally Posted by bluteddi
Originally Posted by ksea
Candlequilter, I am sorry to say that after 5 attempts and even following your tute I still cannot complete a block with your pattern. I know that I promised a block in exchange for the pattern, so I will send you a block, done in a different patten and also return the pattern for the Star Block to you. I am sorry for any inconvience that this has caused you.
This is terrible... but I"m relieved to hear someone else had problems.. I have scrapped my block so many times!!! I can't get it to come out... I'm going to try and get some fusible and see if I can make one that way... I just can not get it to come out.. it is either off or will not lay flat... grrrrrrrrr
I'm still trying!@!!I LOVE this pattern.. I really want to learn it.. but It's gotten to the point DGH is threatening me with a bar of soap for my mouth!!! sigh...... don't give up on me!
I"m in the same boat! After several attempts, I can't get it to lay flat...I will send other blocks this week.
Old 07-17-2011, 06:19 AM

I had to call "uncle". Sent two other red/wht/blu blocks. Just could not get the whole thing to come together. Am going back to it. When I get it I will send a block.
Old 07-17-2011, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by babyfireo4
Originally Posted by candlequilter
Originally Posted by Marge L.
Were the blocks supposed to be star blocks? I assumed from you email that it could be any design. I made one yesterday, but if you want, I can make another. Let me know. Marge L.
Thanks for asking. The pattern was sent in exchange for any 12 1/2 block. It does not have to be the Candlequilter Star block but any block you wish to send. I tried very hard to state that each and every time I sent the pattern because I know that the pattern can be time consuming for some. Plus I know how busy everyday life can get. So it has always been for any 12 1/2" block they wish to send. Plus many people like to get patterns to be used or tried later on - so sending any 12 1/2 block helped to eliminate the rush to try this one. Maybe I didn't make that clear enough but I really thought I had.

Thanks for asking again,
Sherryl
Candlequilter
Cool, I'll have a 12 1/2 block in the mail to you pretty soon then. I very well could have misread (I do that alot) or simply forgotten (I do that alot to lol). Thanks for stating this again for all of us! It was red, white, and blue or fall colors correct?
Thought I would repost this for everyone...If I understand her post correctly you can send her ANY 12 1/2 inch block to help her finish her charity quilt..the "candlequilter's block" pattern is her way of saying thank you for the help....
Old 07-17-2011, 07:04 AM

Yep! If you don't have time or are having problems with the candlequilter block, all she is asking is for another 12 1/2" block of your choice.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:17 AM

Hi. I would like to see the pattern and know what size block you need. I am confined to bed a lot waiting for surgery so this will give me something to do. I can cut the pieces and sew it while I am in bad. Marvel in Ok.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:18 PM

working on it, but having trouble figuring out the block i know it is just because i am so tired, having to work overtime at the hospital lately so don't give up i will come through.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by bluteddi
Originally Posted by ksea
Candlequilter, I am sorry to say that after 5 attempts and even following your tute I still cannot complete a block with your pattern. I know that I promised a block in exchange for the pattern, so I will send you a block, done in a different patten and also return the pattern for the Star Block to you. I am sorry for any inconvience that this has caused you.
This is terrible... but I"m relieved to hear someone else had problems.. I have scrapped my block so many times!!! I can't get it to come out... I'm going to try and get some fusible and see if I can make one that way... I just can not get it to come out.. it is either off or will not lay flat... grrrrrrrrr
I'm still trying!@!!I LOVE this pattern.. I really want to learn it.. but It's gotten to the point DGH is threatening me with a bar of soap for my mouth!!! sigh...... don't give up on me!
I'm in this club, too. I will try again this week. I absolutely love the pattern, but am having trouble getting it right. I have had to tear it apart so many times, that I now have to start from scratch as the poor little pieces are just worn to bits from my seam ripper. :(
Old 07-17-2011, 06:07 PM

i found if I make several of the pattern pieces then lay them out i can see how the opposite one is to look. i just had too many of the one direction and none of the other direction. just take your time and try it again. i believe i just might have it figured out. good luck ladies.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:18 PM

I am impressed with your Stars Patches
Old 07-18-2011, 02:45 AM

I am so sorry that so many have not sent their blocks. I was unable to complete a block from the pattern. I am a very new quilter and had never done paper piecing. Boy did I learn my lesson. Perhaps I can talk one of the instructers at Joanns to have a class in paper piecing and I can eventually do your pattern. But I did send a different block for the fall colors about 3 or 4 weeks ago. Hope that you received it. :?