Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Are you a Subtle Sally or a Bold Betty? >

Are you a Subtle Sally or a Bold Betty?

Are you a Subtle Sally or a Bold Betty?

Old 07-24-2011, 05:57 PM

I seem to gravitate to the darker colors and tones. I love the black and pink flower prints, the darker Asian prints and shades of brown and cranberry. I do, however, have some soft pinks and greens in my stash and just finished a baby quilt top that is red, white and blue. A lot depends on who I making the quilt for as I like to be sure they will go with their colors in their house.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:45 PM

The brighter, the better but I do make all kinds.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:23 PM
Power Poster

My style is definitely eclectic....can't say there is a colour that I really don't like. I also like texture, velvets, corduroys, silks and satins. Someone mentioned dressing according to your colours....years ago I had mine done...I was told I was a winter, I have light eyes/light/sallow skin tone and was naturally very dark haired. I tend to wear a lot of black and brown, and team it with greens, orange or the odd bright. I love red, but never wear it now as it highlights the "butterfly rash" courtesy of my friend Lupus.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:50 PM

I would say that I am a "Vibrant Verna." I love bright colors!!!!
VernaL
Old 07-24-2011, 11:30 PM

I sort of do things according to what my mood is, but much like you, I admire what others have done and their work is just as important as my own but that doesn't mean I would do the same thing as they did.
I enjoy being a bit different and sometime way different.
Old 07-24-2011, 11:47 PM

I'd say I go more traditional and only pop when making something for someone who prefers that. Do try to go outside the box on occasion though. lol.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by Pat75
I am curious as to whether you are a blond or a brunette?.Most brunettes like jewel tones because they look their best when dressed in those colors so they tend to choose them when quilting.Years ago they talked about dressing in colors depending on skin tones and they were listed as spring winter summer and fall.I think people choose fabric in colors that they feel comfortable wearing.I am jewel tones all the way.
Hmmm interesting thought! I'm a blonde with just a hint of red, and my skin has yellow undertones so I definitely don't look good in bright colors! Tans, browns, olive greens, creams, earthy colors are what look best on me. And I like to wear solids more than prints because I can accessorize them or dress them up in more ways, and match them with more items in my wardrobe.

I also agree about making quilts for others so THEY would like it! I would make a quilt for my mother or sister completely differently from one I would make for myself! And I'm making one for my husband right now, but I tell you what it was the biggest pain in the rear coming up with a pattern and color scheme that he would like and that I could live with on our bed! :mrgreen:
Old 07-25-2011, 04:43 AM

I don't have a style because I like them all.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:46 AM
Banned

Im somewhere in the middle....depends on pattern etc
Old 07-25-2011, 05:30 AM

My first preference is for brights, but depends on what is called for if I'm making something to give away.