Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Manufacturers need to wise up on what quilters want. >

Manufacturers need to wise up on what quilters want.

Manufacturers need to wise up on what quilters want.

Old 09-29-2013, 04:47 PM

WoW I am learning more than I ever thought I could on this subject. Many people, many wants and/or needs. I bought my 403 special slant-o-matic singer in 1959. It is not a portable so went looking and bought a 3160 Janome. I really did not need that fancy of a machine either. I am in my second year of quilting and just do not need anything fancier. I agree on one point just follow the money. A business has many problems to stay in business. why do you think most machines are made outside of the USA? The government puts too many regulations and restrictions on companies. We need to get back to be a manufacturing country. But we all want more money and benefits.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:48 AM

They don't listen because most are built by men....haha Who knows why...? I'm still hoping/wondering why someone hasn't come up with a large size table top (King) that can be attached somehow to my dining table, lightweight, yet sturdy, collapses and folds away, height adjustable that I can sandwich my quilts on. I have a sewing/cutting table that the sides folds for storage (but it's not wide enough). I use a ping pong table in my garage that has the width, but not the height (son plays on it, so can't add bottom posts, plus I have to fold it back up to park car). I would love a huge stationary cutting table, but I don't have room for that. Just dreaming....
Old 10-24-2013, 04:47 PM
HCP

I have a Viking Megaquilter that I just love! It has a 9 inch throat, straight stitch only and is a pleasure to sew on!!
It also fits in the Inspira quilt frame for quilting up to a queen size quilt, but is great as a stand alone machine on a sewing table. It does a fine job for straight line stitching and free motion quilting!! I paid $2400 for the whole package, 2nd hand machine, frame and stitch regulator. Around $1200 for a used machine would be a good price(without the frame or stitch regulator).