Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Storing your rulers >

Storing your rulers

Storing your rulers

Old 11-08-2011, 11:04 AM

I use this exact system tucked under my kitchen cabinets with 'S' hooks to store my smaller pots/pans - love it!!
Originally Posted by Quiltingthetownred View Post
Hi Nettie,

I bought the IKEA Bygel (http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50072645/) and fixed them to a bookshelf (under). With the accompanying S-hooks I can hang every ruler above my workdesk. And my workdesk is free of clutter.

Have fun quilting!
Anymart
Old 11-08-2011, 11:16 AM

How you store rulers depends on how often you use them, how many you have, what kinds you have and the storage space available to you. Having a single system for storage doesn't seem to work for most quilters once they have more than say 5 rulers. I'm just mentioning all of this since no one solution is going to work for everybody, so try different things to figure out what works for you.

A pegboard system works if you have the space for it. I don't at this time.

Those ruler holders work well if you have a place for it near or on your cutting table. I don't have such a place. My cats would knock it off the cutting table regularly since I can't have the cutting table near a wall (not enough light).

My current system is a slot along the side of my cutting table for the 3 most frequently used rulers. I use a metal magazine holder (from Walmart) to hold all my smaller rulers and that sits under the cutting table. I have a box in the bookshelf to hold all the other, less frequently needed rulers. I have a separate 'pizza' box for templates.

I like those plastic rollabout storage containers, but they are generally too deep. The scrapbooking ones are just a wee bit too shallow, but a better choice.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:27 PM

[QUOTE=craftybear;1014292]I store mine in a plastic 3 drawer unit that I bought a Walmart.[/QUOTE

Craftybear so glad go see you are still here and giving us great advice and links
Old 11-08-2011, 01:32 PM
Banned

I keep my little ones and most used 6" x 12" one in a rack on my cutting table, my larger ones are in a slotted rack on the wall!
Old 11-08-2011, 01:36 PM

My DH made me a ruler holder but now that's full I keep my smaller rulers in a wire rack that i used for file folders.