Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Tutorials
How to make the Northern Lights quilt >

How to make the Northern Lights quilt

How to make the Northern Lights quilt

Old 06-10-2010, 11:42 AM

Oh, thanks! I didn't know that. Off I go to see them. :)
Old 06-10-2010, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Alondra
Oh, thanks! I didn't know that. Off I go to see them. :)
Great! I wasn't sure if people reading on this part realized that there were pictures on the post that started this one. Let me know what you think of the blocks so far.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:14 PM

OMG, your colors are breathtaking! Just looking at your pictures makes me want to get to it RIGHT NOW! I can only hope and pray I have half as much talent as you do. Thanks, again, for taking the time and effort to post about this quilt!
Old 06-10-2010, 01:26 PM

OMG, your colors are breathtaking! Just looking at your pictures makes me want to get to it RIGHT NOW! I can only hope and pray I have half as much talent as you do. Thanks, again, for taking the time and effort to post about this quilt!
Thank You, Alondra! And you are most welcome.
Marilyn
Old 06-10-2010, 01:31 PM

I copied that first one - it just popped right out and smacked me in the face and wrapped itself right around my heart. Love your favorite, too... love them all. I just hope I can find such beautiful fabrics. I may have to invite you down for a visit and take you fabric shopping. <G>
Old 06-10-2010, 01:31 PM

great tutuorials! Even I as a beginner understood this....it"s on my list of "must do" eventually. Thanks for sharing with us.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:48 PM

I copied that first one - it just popped right out and smacked me in the face and wrapped itself right around my heart. Love your favorite, too... love them all. I just hope I can find such beautiful fabrics. I may have to invite you down for a visit and take you fabric shopping. <G>
Thank You! And that sounds like a lot of fun! I love fabric shopping! I could do it allllll day! :lol:
Old 06-10-2010, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by nwm50
great tutuorials! Even I as a beginner understood this....it"s on my list of "must do" eventually. Thanks for sharing with us.
Thank you, nwm50! I am glad that you can use the tutorials too. I have another one that is absolutely beautiful. It's called a Carpenter's Star. It is made from just half squares and squares. It looks complicated but it is so easy to do. You should check it out. It is my favorite block of all time. I don't think that there's anything more beautiful and elegant. It's like my avatar. Here is the link to the tutorial for it.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-38408-1.htm

If you would like to see what a quilt looks like out of the block, I have 2 on here. One was for my daughter Shawna, and the other I was commissioned to make. I really love the colors in Shawnas. Here is a link to Shawnas.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-38337-1.htm
Plus, here is a link to Dawn's.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-38346-1.htm

Hope you like them. Let me know if you do a Carpenter's Star block. It's easier than it looks.
Marilyn
Old 06-10-2010, 02:58 PM

Ok, this will be the next one after Northern Lights. It will be a while, because I have three patriotic quilts to do first (and three Halloween quilts after that.. whew!). Will be watching for your future posts. Love the color graphs, too... that really helps, especially for those of us who are not as experienced as you are. I've learned so much already, and I'm just getting started.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:25 PM

Ok, this will be the next one after Northern Lights. It will be a while, because I have three patriotic quilts to do first (and three Halloween quilts after that.. whew!). Will be watching for your future posts. Love the color graphs, too... that really helps, especially for those of us who are not as experienced as you are. I've learned so much already, and I'm just getting started.
Hi Alondra!

Do you mean that the Carpenter's Star will be next after the Northern Lights, or what? I'm glad you like the color graphs. I enjoy making them and it helps me figure out what I want to make. I have been quilting for a year and a half now, so I have quite a bit of experience. Especially since I sewed almost non-stop for the first 4 months, then I had shoulder surgery and couldn't sew for 4 months, but then I went back to it, full time.
I have done alot and made alot for only quilting that short amount of time. I still like the colored graphs to make things clearer for myself. Anyways, I'm glad you like the graphs too.

There are so many excellent quilters on this site and everybody is soooo willing to help out when you have any questions, that if you don't learn anything on this site, it's your own fault. LOL
That or you already know all about it. If you have any questions on quilting or anything, all you have to do is post a topic. Like Help me! How do you.....? You will receive help almost immediately. I love this site. Thank you for following my posts.
Marilyn