TV commericials

Old 05-31-2010, 05:15 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
hmm what did men do 100 years ago?? Did they worry about that stuff?? And yet, we all survived!
I think the life span was a lot shorter- nobody worried about it b/c they were dead :D:D:D:D
ooh Sue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You MAY be right!! Can you think of your GF talking to your GM about that type of problem??? NO WAY!!!! hahaha--"b/c they were dead!!" hahaha

:thumbup:
One time I asked my Dad if his parents had a happy marriage- he looked at me like I was crazy and told me they were too busy to discuss whether they were happy or not!!! I just about died laughing and then he did too :D:D:D:D
Old 05-31-2010, 05:17 AM

hmm what did men do 100 years ago?? Did they worry about that stuff?? And yet, we all survived!
I think the life span was a lot shorter- nobody worried about it b/c they were dead :D:D:D:D
ooh Sue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You MAY be right!! Can you think of your GF talking to your GM about that type of problem??? NO WAY!!!! hahaha--"b/c they were dead!!" hahaha

TRUE!!'reminds me of when I was little - my sister (7 years older) asked our FATHER if he had ever gone to a house of ill repute! Can you imagine??? Anyway - back then everyone was struggling to pay bills and feed their family ---------- OH!! are we there yet??? hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
:thumbup:
One time I asked my Dad if his parents had a happy marriage- he looked at me like I was crazy and told me they were too busy to discuss whether they were happy or not!!! I just about died laughing and then he did too :D:D:D:D
Old 05-31-2010, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
Or the ones about "male enhancement"...who wants to here about it when youre watching TV with the kids, lol!
I agree
Old 05-31-2010, 07:29 AM

One that totally gets my panties in a wad is a comercial for a dating site. When the couple are in provocative clothing stumbling around the bed room banging heads and knocking off candles and then it says something like "I really don't want to be stuck with that blinddate, so I think I will try "this site for online dating".

Tends to lead people to think that would be the normal activity on a first date. I really ticks me off that the commercials, no less the regular shows have so much nudity, curse words, and rude behavior. I mean even the normal television times for children in the evening don't have shows that they can watch.

Oh and lets not get started on children's movies and cartoons. Shrek and Sponge Bob along with other like them really tick me off. I think it is the first Shrek movie that was talking about Snow White. The line goes something like "Yeah, she lives with 7 men, but she is not easy!"

I know most children would not get this reference and I understand the reason they put it in....to keep the parents giggling while watching the movie with their children. But I get SO ANGRY that parents would even accept this for their kids. Yes watching Bambi would not be my idea of adult entertainment, but I watch it with my kids because I want to spend time with them.

The people of this country need to start remembering the important values that need to be instilled in our youth and either turn off the tv or be an expert at reviewing the content of the cartoons and movies we let them watch.

Wow, so sorry for the rant, but this topic really gets my hackles up!

Sheila
Old 05-31-2010, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by Panther Creek Quilting
The people of this country need to start remembering the important values that need to be instilled in our youth and either turn off the tv or be an expert at reviewing the content of the cartoons and movies we let them watch.

Sheila
Amen

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 05-31-2010, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by ctack2
I hate the medication ads. they go on and on telling you the reason for taking it, who shouldn't take it, what you should tell your doc before taking it....blah blah blah
I agree and most of the meds. disclaimers tell you they may either incapacitate you for life or worse!!
Old 05-31-2010, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
Or the ones about "male enhancement"...who wants to here about it when youre watching TV with the kids, lol!
....more than 4 hrs!...... sure wouldn't want to have to explain that to the kids. Although with what the kids see as well as understand content, when we are not watching with them would probably turn our hair gray!
Old 05-31-2010, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Panther Creek Quilting
One that totally gets my panties in a wad is a comercial for a dating site. When the couple are in provocative clothing stumbling around the bed room banging heads and knocking off candles and then it says something like "I really don't want to be stuck with that blinddate, so I think I will try "this site for online dating".

Tends to lead people to think that would be the normal activity on a first date. I really ticks me off that the commercials, no less the regular shows have so much nudity, curse words, and rude behavior. I mean even the normal television times for children in the evening don't have shows that they can watch.

Oh and lets not get started on children's movies and cartoons. Shrek and Sponge Bob along with other like them really tick me off. I think it is the first Shrek movie that was talking about Snow White. The line goes something like "Yeah, she lives with 7 men, but she is not easy!"

I know most children would not get this reference and I understand the reason they put it in....to keep the parents giggling while watching the movie with their children. But I get SO ANGRY that parents would even accept this for their kids. Yes watching Bambi would not be my idea of adult entertainment, but I watch it with my kids because I want to spend time with them.

Sheila
That goes down in the annals of rants as one heckuva good one. My thoughts 110%! Edie
Old 05-31-2010, 11:46 AM

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 05-31-2010, 03:05 PM

Commercials over rated. I don't know anyone who listens to them they are so annoying.