Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
One Project at a time? or more? >

One Project at a time? or more?

One Project at a time? or more?

Old 07-22-2010, 04:01 PM

I usually have about 2-3 going at a time...some are applique which take longer...so I piece some days or cut fabric just to change...in between cutting ....sewing...I am looking at other patterns and start buying fabric :P
Old 07-22-2010, 04:43 PM
Power Poster

I have several going on at a time (not always presently working on them though), I think i sometimes get bored, but if I need a baby quilt for a gift I will work on it from start to finish and only work on this. I know what you mean though regarding the feeling that there is clutter with more than one project. Oh well
Old 07-22-2010, 05:06 PM

I used to do just one at a time. Then I started doing two at a time. Now I do LOTS at the same time. I have a ping pong table to work on and I have four "stations" set up for my four "main" projects. Other projects cut in line sometimes though. Love the variety. I never get tired of working on any one thing, and it helps to let things sit so that I look at them a lot. Sometimes I change my mind about a fabric, for example. And if I'm anxious to finish something, I do!
Old 07-22-2010, 05:39 PM

I used to start one project and slog through until I completed it. With the inspiration of many of you, I now have three going at the same time. Hope this doesn't increase the number of my UFOs. The variety just feels exciting now.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:51 PM
QT

I usually do one project at a time. However, since I don't have as much time to quilt as I'd like and big projects take a long time, I'm considering doing small projects along with a main project so I don't get too bored. I bought a great book on small quilt projects and can hardly wait to start!
Old 07-22-2010, 06:07 PM

I used to work on one at a time, but not now. I know my sewing room would be a lot neater and I would be a lot happier if I could go back to one at a time. To many gotta have fabrics.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:50 PM

One project at a time??? I find that hard to believe. :-)
I usually have 3 or 4 going at the same time.
I usually finish mine but usually a baby shower comes up or I find a great pattern that I want to start or I find a class that I just have to go to.
And it goes on and on. :lol:
Old 07-22-2010, 07:00 PM

I am one that also works on several projects at once. The difference with is is that I work on a quilkt project, a cross stitch project and a crochect project all at the same time and I just alternate between them to keep from getting bored. This also helps with the creaative thought process. :)
Old 07-22-2010, 07:22 PM

I have more than one going too,for the same reason as some of the others stated - I get bored, or a problem has arisen on something - then I need to do something else while I think about the problem. And, some is hand work, so that is by my chair so that I can do it while I watch TV at night.

Wish I could stick with only 1 at a time - But, that isn't me - have to be doing more than 1. LOL
Old 07-22-2010, 07:22 PM

Sometimes I am convinced that I have AADD! I work on several projects at a time, right now I have two pillowcases ready to stitch on my table, a baby quilt I am putting binding on, in process off cutting up t's for tshirt quilt, and cutting strips for another...and that doesn't even take into consideration the UFO's I have tucked away, probably because i got bored. I envy your ability to organize and focus! Somedays I overwhelm myself.