Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am >

weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

Old 03-26-2011, 01:41 PM
Banned

Great.......I am happy to have helped. I order from them alot.
Old 03-26-2011, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Originally Posted by irishrose
Carrie, I though of you today. I was in WalMart for printer ink and, of course, had to check out the fabric. Have you seen the Garden Picnic line? It's a single color on white border print with an allover coordinate. It looks like a Summer sundress. Might need a lining, but it'd be worth it. How your daughter doing? Headaches are miserable though I've never had a migraine.
I haven't seen that collection at my WM yet. Mine does have some really nice black, white, red and yellow fabs that I would love to have but I would have to sell what I've got first. Now that's an idea!!

My DD now has a cold and is miserable. She is still complaining about the migraines. We find out Monday if the MRI shows anything.
Thank you Irishrose for thinking about us.
Carrie,
I will keep her in my prayers.
Old 03-26-2011, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
Now my antibiotics are eating my gut alive! Tethered to the bathroom.

I received some scraps from wonderful members of this board and I am in hog heaven! What fun!

Carrie, I pray your DD gets some answers. We will be with you, no matter what.

It is raining cats and dogs and little baby dolls here today. It is a good day for sewing, and I think I will get at it.

I got a used digital camera today...It is missing the USB cord but I found one on ebay for $1, so next week I can post pictures! I am so happy!
MJ,
YEA!!! Now we can see some of the things you are working on.
Feel better!
Old 03-26-2011, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Originally Posted by purplemen

I read a book, "Alice's Tulips" by Sandra Dallas. Pretty good, kind of slow at the beginning, but an interesting diary of a 16 year old Civil War bride. The whole book is letters to her sister.
I LOVE anything pertaining to the civil war. I will check it out at amazon. Was she from the North or South?
Tru, she is a Yankee, and call's us Southerners "Secesh", a term I hadn't heard before. PM me your snail mail addy and I'll mail it to you after the 1st of the month.
Old 03-26-2011, 02:18 PM
Banned

MJ that is so sweet I will PM you I thought it was a library book
Old 03-26-2011, 03:22 PM

MJ, you need some acidophilus capsules. I like Solaray Multidophilus from the refrigerator at the natural food store. Yogurt is okay for maintenance, but you're beyond that. The good bacteria in your intestines need to be replenished. Judy

Oh, WalMart has Enzymatic Therapy Pearls in the vitamin department. One of the few good brands that don't need refrigeration.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:28 PM

Thank you, Irish.
I am too broke this month to buy anything.
I will put these in my first aid list.

I have been miserable today.

Tomorrow will be better. At least I'm not in the hospital.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:26 PM

Sorry to hear you're ill MJ. I agree with Irish, acidophilus work well. I use Kombucha, it also helps. You can get a bottle of it to drink at a health food store for about 3 or 4 dollars. I buy it by the gallon.
Old 03-26-2011, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by NannySandy
Well, my plans for today was to go to Joanns, the Thrift Store and go buy a summer robe for my hospital stay. My robe is a winter one and too thick. So, I set out. Stopped at Belk first, hoping they were having a sale. Even on sale, the price was ridiculous. I refuse to pay $54 for a robe. Nope... So I went to Targets, where they had absolutely nothing at all. By this time my knee was hurting so I decided not to make the 35 minute drive to Joanns and forget the Thrift Store also. On my way back home, I made a "quick" stop at Tuesday morning, as some of the ladies on the board have been finding FQ at their local Tuesday Morning store. There was nothing in mine, so I came on home. I feel like I wasted half my day. Now, it's to clean the house. DH told me he would go to Joanns for me, "if you'll just tell me what to buy". Bless his heart. I don't think so. Half the fun of going to Joanns is to browse the whole store. I may get him to drive me over there tomorrow. He can drop me off and go to some store he would want to go too. I need some white for my Mom's quilt top, so I need to go soon. I want to get it cut out and have ready to sew while I'm recouping from surgery. I'll go to Kohls after church tomorrow. If I don't find something there, I will just take and wear my winter robe.

MJ, glad you had a good day with your friend. Carrie, I hope your daughter is feeling better. Missy, you are missed!! Tru, hope things go well tomorrow with "him". I hope everyone is having a good day. Sandy
Sandy, I wish we were closer and I would help you. I am ALWAYS good for a ride to Joanns! After all this time doesn't your sweetie know that we have to feel it before deciding to buy it?

Tomorrow will be a better day. I pray you sleep well.
lynne
Old 03-26-2011, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
UPDATE.............my love life........he has not contacted the fake me anymore. It was just the first day and even though I contacted him through the fake person 2 more times he didn't respond. we talk on the phone almost everyday. Sometimes it is 5 minutes other time about an hour. I spoke to him 3 times yesterday now I think what he did was sweet. Joyce's car is having major problems and he said it shouldn't be it is not that old for those kinds of problems the repair guys is telling her. He works on his own cars, he raced when he was younger. Anyway he had to pick up a part for his car and he was walking in the place and said he would call me right back. About 1/2 hour went by and no call. I figured he forgot. He didn't, when he called he told me he was talking to the guys about Joyce's car and they said what it could be. He asked me questions of which I didn't know the answers so he said he wants to talk to Joyce to try and get to the bottom of why there are so many problems with it. I thought that was so sweet that he took the time to find out about Joyce car. I told him wechave been speaking on the phone for 42 days when will we meet. He said he wanted to meet me weeks ago but there has always been a reason we couldn't. He has been working 12 hour shifts and 1 weekend he had plans with his brother then it was my b-day and Joyce kept changing plans on me. Then his car broke down and he had to fix it. Then Jim was here sooooooooooooooooo......if everything goes as planned he is suppose to come here tomorrow. I called the shots as to how it will work. If I could drive we would have met someplace for coffee. Now how long would the meeting have been? 15 minutes to a few hours. If things didn't work out I could have just walked out. But since I can't drive it will be a 15 minute meeting. He will come to my house I will go outside. HE WILL NOT BE COMING IN! After 15 minutes he will leave if he is still interested he will call me if I am still interested I will pick up the phone.
Tru, got my fingers crossed, as well as my toes, my legs and my eyes!

lynne