Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Quilting in the New Year March -  Registration Closed >

Quilting in the New Year March - Registration Closed

Quilting in the New Year March - Registration Closed

Old 03-27-2011, 08:40 AM

Love thosse progress reports.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:36 AM

I've completed the wall hanging top and have it ready to quilt for Shamrock. I hope she'll like it when it's done, I know I do.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by maine ladybug
I've completed the wall hanging top and have it ready to quilt for Shamrock. I hope she'll like it when it's done, I know I do.
That is a great feeling isn't it. To finish a project and you like it yourself. That is the test of time. Make something that you like because it will reflect in your stitches and and attitude when you put it together and the other person is bound to like it too. At least that is what my grandmother told me and I think she might have been right about that.

Of course that still doesn't stop us from being insecure until we see in print or actually hear the recipient of the project say they like it themselves. :)
Old 03-27-2011, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by BonniFeltz
That is a great feeling isn't it. To finish a project and you like it yourself. That is the test of time. Make something that you like because it will reflect in your stitches and and attitude when you put it together and the other person is bound to like it too. At least that is what my grandmother told me and I think she might have been right about that.

Of course that still doesn't stop us from being insecure until we see in print or actually hear the recipient of the project say they like it themselves. :)
You are so right about that. I'll be happy if she likes it!
Old 03-27-2011, 02:51 PM

I'm sure she will like it!!!!!!!!
I changed my mind mid-stream about my piece for Maine Ladybug and did the new cutting today. Put it together tomorrow.
Old 03-27-2011, 03:16 PM

Wow another project done - I'm sure it's gorgeous. I'm like you always self concious about the finished project until the recipient gives that thumbs up, even though I love it. Those posted owwwww's and ahhhhhhh's are so much fun too, so be sure to let us see the finished project when you get it. Good Luck everyone.
Old 03-27-2011, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by dream56
Wow another project done - I'm sure it's gorgeous. I'm like you always self concious about the finished project until the recipient gives that thumbs up, even though I love it. Those posted owwwww's and ahhhhhhh's are so much fun too, so be sure to let us see the finished project when you get it. Good Luck everyone.
LOL. What most of you don't see is my comments about being self conscious about what I work on. ConnieQuilts and Dream56 can tell you I'm always saying "I hope they like it" or does this look ok, etc. Great support group. Thanks guys.

I think I will post a picture each Sunday until I get Shawnna's piece done. Of course it will only be a snippet of it (grins).
Old 03-27-2011, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by shamrock
I changed my mind mid-stream about my piece for Maine Ladybug and did the new cutting today. Put it together tomorrow.
She says before she even has a clue what it looks like! LOL!
Old 03-27-2011, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by shamrock
She says before she even has a clue what it looks like! LOL!
LOL. I've done a complete turn around mid stream before also. Did that in the January swap. This time though I knew what I wanted to work on and had the material at home already so it is turning out quite well if I do say so myself. Oh no!!!!! That means I just doomed it. I am liking it before it is finished!!!! Is that allowed? LOL.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:56 PM

Here is the very charming and cheery runner Dotty made me. I really love the floral of this. It is going in my family room. She also included a darling pin cushion WITH pins :) I hope you can see the sparkle she put with her label.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-176697.jpe   attachment-176698.jpe   attachment-176699.jpe   attachment-176700.jpe