Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need Advice on border for Crystal Star Pattern >

Need Advice on border for Crystal Star Pattern

Need Advice on border for Crystal Star Pattern

Old 04-22-2013, 06:12 AM

Andrea, the border looked great on that side of the quilt but when I moved her over to the other side, YIKES, it did not go well with the colors. I've decided not to put a border on at all and just bind it with the black fabric. The border and its companion fabric has been put back onto the shelves for a future project.

I tend to put my project up on my design wall with the possible blocks, borders, sashes, etc. and leave it there for a couple of days so I can look at it from all angles, changes things around till it looks right to me or doesn't look right at all to me. If it doesn't sing as this border didn't, then I go to Plan B.

Thanks for your comment though as I love that border fabric, just not with this project as I had hoped for.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by Snooze2978 View Post
Andrea, the border looked great on that side of the quilt but when I moved her over to the other side, YIKES, it did not go well with the colors. I've decided not to put a border on at all and just bind it with the black fabric. The border and its companion fabric has been put back onto the shelves for a future project.

I tend to put my project up on my design wall with the possible blocks, borders, sashes, etc. and leave it there for a couple of days so I can look at it from all angles, changes things around till it looks right to me or doesn't look right at all to me. If it doesn't sing as this border didn't, then I go to Plan B.

Thanks for your comment though as I love that border fabric, just not with this project as I had hoped for.
I love my design wall for just that reason. I actually did a quilt where I pulled all of the fabrics for the blocks from the border fabric. When I got the blocks done the border fabric totally did not go with the blocks!