Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many kits in your stash? >

How many kits in your stash?

How many kits in your stash?

Old 10-06-2010, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by SandraD
Zero for me. Funny, last night I was paging through a new catolog from Connecting Threads and saw one I really liked and am considering buying it but thought I still have several projects lined up to do when I finish my current projects, so I'm not sure I will. I like the idea of having them for retirement, but my retirement is still 19 years away....is it too soon to start saving projects for that? LOL
It is never too soon to add to your future projects (Stash

:lol: ) retirement will come before you know it. Dar
Old 10-06-2010, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Camiyamoto
I have one, for the first time. Found this at a yard sale - beautiful colors, nice material, a pattern book with MANY gorgeous patterns. The printed price was $100.95...I got it for $20. Definitely something to look forward to!
Wow did you get a steal.
Dar
Old 10-06-2010, 08:19 AM

No kits here. I never buy kits. Always buy yardage.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:28 AM

I have 8 kits and just finished 2 tops. They are all from Connecting Threads. I love their fabric and it is made in the USA!
Old 10-06-2010, 09:02 AM

I have one & did the same thing you did. I bought it knowing I would soon be retiring & wouldn't want to spend so much when the income was less.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:09 AM

I have two. One is an Angle applique I bought years ago and have been afraid to do. Another was given to me it is an incomplete project with flamingos.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:22 AM

None. I've heard horror stories where someone waited too long to cut out one and the kit didn't contain quite enough fabric and she couldn't find any. I like to pick out my own fabrics anyway. That's one of the funnest parts of quilting. Also, lots of kits have fabrics from the same line and I can go to the quilt shop and look at all the different fabric lines and it's a sure thing that my quilt will look good if I buy fabrics from the same line and colorway. Let me rephrase that - the colors in my quilt will all blend. That doesn't necessarily mean my quilt will look good.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Kathy N
I also am a quilt kit stasher....I have 2 right now. They came in real handy when I was on medical leave and could not get to the store. I think now I will resume my collection!!! I also bought some of the clear shoeboxes and when I find a pattern I like I start accumulating the supplies in the box for that rainy day when I need something to work on!
When I started quilting I grabbed shoe boxes and put co-ordinating fabric all in and ideas or the pattern. Slowly worked on but now retired I went thru and put in clear boxes and labeled. Found there is over 80! I will have to quilt more hours than I ever worked to finish them. I like to work on more than one project for variation. But keep on stashing you will want them some day and you may not be able to afford them like me.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:40 AM

I don't have any kit stashes as of yet, being pretty new to the quilt world, i've been working on my fabric stash. And now to find I need to work on a kit stash. For the love of fabric!!! lol
Old 10-06-2010, 09:55 AM

the only kits I own -1- was given to me -