Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am >

weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

Old 03-30-2011, 10:06 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by Leann
Just got some distressing news. We shop at Kroger a lot because they double & triple coupons, plus I've been able to use mfr coupons in conjunction with e-coupons from my Kroger card. With todays visit, I learned they will no longer honor both mfr & e coupons and effective April 13, they will no longer double/triple mfr coupons.

They won't be seeing much of me from now on.

I guess that means Randalls/Safeway has stopped also? We are getting squeezed every where we go!

FYI
It's getting harder and harder to make ends meat. :-(
Old 03-30-2011, 12:10 PM

DH has felt so sorry for me with my recent arm fracture.... he brought me cookies last night.... ( he is trying to loose wt too...but said we haven't had treats all month.. time for a treat)...... sigh... how can u argue with that?? i only ate one tho!!
Old 03-30-2011, 12:13 PM

Yes, Carrie, it's getting tough to make ends meet, but your spelling hit the nail on the head for me. My dogs are 50% raw fed and it has to include beef. I am having a heck of a time finding beef I can afford for a dog. I see a lot of beef heart in their future.

Tomorrow's the day of truth. I't's not looking good, but I should be able to get busy with the steroids out of my system. Who will get the green????? There haven't been any teaser weights posted lately, unlike last month.

Good for you, Bluteddi. I don't have any excuse and I had two cookies last night - well, the dogs got most of the second one. One cookie is not going to finish off a diet. It's eating the whole box full we compulsive overeaters need to avoid.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:21 PM

Carrie,
I find it is much more difficult to have money left at the end of the month. I hate that Kroger made this policy, but that was a loss leader for them.

We always have several meatless meals during the week. We don''t eat out, I have cut our cable and internet to minimum. That is our only entertainment expense. We have no local service for tv or internet and this is our national news source.

I'm not sure where to cut any more.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:43 PM
Banned

Aprils thread........

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-112023-1.htm#2904964
Old 03-30-2011, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
Carrie,
I find it is much more difficult to have money left at the end of the month. I hate that Kroger made this policy, but that was a loss leader for them.

We always have several meatless meals during the week. We don''t eat out, I have cut our cable and internet to minimum. That is our only entertainment expense. We have no local service for tv or internet and this is our national news source.

I'm not sure where to cut any more.
MJ, you sound exactly like us! We cut our DirecTV when our "rebates" ran out, causing the monthly bill (without ANY premium channels) to increase to $82. Comcast is running a new customer special that gives us more than we got on DT for $29.99/month. We went in last month & negotiated our internet down from $19.99 to 14.95. We may eat out once monthly, I cook dinner 6 nights a week, we eat lots of canned soup - bought almost for free at Kroger & Randalls. We are always pilfering through the marked down meat.

My sons cell contract expired this month so I bought him a smart phone on a Virgin Mobile prepaid plan. That expense went from $80 to $25 - I pray he is happy with it. Texting is the way these kids communicate, he can text faster than I can type.

Every dollar I save seems to find its way into my gas tank.

edited to add: I did a google search and found a tv stations website, dated yesterday, stating the coupon change is only for stores in the Houston area.

lucky me
Old 03-30-2011, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
Yes, Carrie, it's getting tough to make ends meet, but your spelling hit the nail on the head for me. My dogs are 50% raw fed and it has to include beef. I am having a heck of a time finding beef I can afford for a dog. I see a lot of beef heart in their future.

Tomorrow's the day of truth. I't's not looking good, but I should be able to get busy with the steroids out of my system. Who will get the green????? There haven't been any teaser weights posted lately, unlike last month.

Good for you, Bluteddi. I don't have any excuse and I had two cookies last night - well, the dogs got most of the second one. One cookie is not going to finish off a diet. It's eating the whole box full we compulsive overeaters need to avoid.
true, that why dh only bought 3 cookies from the bakery!!

honestly..... can i deduct 1 # for my cast?? hubby estimated it wt 2 # ( retired nurses know these thing) but, I'm just asking if i can deduct 1 #,,,, i don't expect to win, but i feel better, just knowing i lost some wt!!! I've already signed up fgor next month.... (hmmm with my rational-- if cast is off by end of next month .. probably would not be off by then, but if it were, by my own logic, i'd have to add1#.....

oh heck.... ignore me, i'm loaded on pain pills!!!!!
Old 03-30-2011, 01:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bluteddi

oh heck.... ignore me, i'm loaded on pain pills!!!!!
Why should today be any different then any other day, didn't you realize yet we ALWAYS ignore you! :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:
Old 03-30-2011, 01:56 PM

The new fibewglas casts don't weigh as much as the old plaster ones, but I'm sure it weighs at least a pound. Do you whatever feels right for you. If it will make you feel better mentally to subtract it, so ahead. When it comes off in what, six weeks??, you'll be lighter anyway. Spring is coming. Our bodies will stop trying so hard to hang on to the weight. Hope, hope.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:06 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
I got my chlosterol levels they are higher than ever. I am really disappointed. I have lost a lot of weight, exercise on a fairly regular basis, cut my meat and butter consumption, but they went from 150+ to 260+. GRRRRRRRR!

Carrie you were working on the sagging skin under your neck. Have your exercises worked? I have been doing them faithfully over the last few weeks but I don't notice a difference.
I haven't been exercising at all. I know shame on me!! Maybe I should try bike riding. I was going to my folks house to work out in their basement but the gas got too expensive. I still do the chin exercises and it really helps.