Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am >

weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

Old 03-30-2011, 02:37 PM

Carrie, can you find any exercise program on television that isn't too hard on your knees? I'm doing a Sit and Be Fit on PBS again. Probably too easy for someone your age. The last half is standing if wanted and I do want. Also walking. Your little guy is old enough for short walks. I have two motivators to keep me walking. If I can't walk Lily and Moira I have to rehome them and that would not be good for them or for me mentally.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:26 PM

Well, here I sit eating my M&Ms and wondering why I gained 4 1/2 pounds in March. (I'm only eating them because I gained 4 1/2 pounds in March)... So I will wait for the winner and ship my FQ off.

By the way, many thanks to all who've sent me FQs so far. It's like Christmas when the mailman brings me a squishie! And they are all great. I already used 4 in the quilt top I just finished and put in the frame.

Next month I gotta do better. With the weather warming up I will be without excuse. I will start walking again. And the M&Ms will be gone. And I will lose some weight. I will. I will. I will...

Been running behind on posts. Haven't even been lurking... Work sucks! It takes such a big chunk out of my day. And what's worse is I work for gas money... and I buy gas so I can go to work. (Okay, I spend a little on fabric).

Sorry to hear about everybody's bad luck and hope things improve. And to those of you who have kept your nose to the grindstone and lost weight this month, congratulations! I know it's hard...

Going now to post my submission for acceptance into April's weight loss forum. See you there.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:51 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by irishrose
Carrie, can you find any exercise program on television that isn't too hard on your knees? I'm doing a Sit and Be Fit on PBS again. Probably too easy for someone your age. The last half is standing if wanted and I do want. Also walking. Your little guy is old enough for short walks. I have two motivators to keep me walking. If I can't walk Lily and Moira I have to rehome them and that would not be good for them or for me mentally.
There probably is but I have to be honest and say I have lost my motivation but I promise to find it soon.
Old 03-30-2011, 04:27 PM

The sit and be fit can be tough too. I did it on one occasion , And I got to say it really worked my abds, or should I say JELLY ROLLS. Really though it was a challenge. :lol:
Old 03-30-2011, 04:29 PM

So , tomorrow is the officail weigh in? I sent mine today. I may lose 5 pounds by tomorrow........... ; )
Old 03-30-2011, 04:29 PM

So , tomorrow is the officail weigh in? I sent mine today. I may lose 5 pounds by tomorrow........... ; )
Old 03-30-2011, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
The new fibewglas casts don't weigh as much as the old plaster ones, but I'm sure it weighs at least a pound. Do you whatever feels right for you. If it will make you feel better mentally to subtract it, so ahead. When it comes off in what, six weeks??, you'll be lighter anyway. Spring is coming. Our bodies will stop trying so hard to hang on to the weight. Hope, hope.
mine is plaster... can u bellieve it??? i didn't know any place still used plaster!! but this is smalltownsville.....

i dont think it is going to help anyway... between tx fried ( mom ) food and other stresses... i will fall over with shock if i win, this month!!! but, i did great the first week...... then trupeach yelled at me and i fell off the wagon..... :-P

tomorrow is offucial wt day... yuk

'trupeach1"........... :-P to u....
Old 03-30-2011, 08:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bluteddi

i dont think it is going to help anyway... between tx fried ( mom ) food and other stresses... i will fall over with shock if i win, this month!!! but, i did great the first week...... then trupeach yelled at me and i fell off the wagon..... :-P

tomorrow is offucial wt day... yuk

'trupeach1"........... :-P to u....
Blah, blah,blah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-31-2011, 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by kimscruzer

I wanna know just how you are gonna do that?
Old 03-31-2011, 04:04 AM

Wow, the month went so fast. I am hoping the warmer temps will entice me to exercise more and eat cleaner. Gotta stay away from the robins eggs. I justify my purchase by saying they are only available at Easter.

I saw on CNBC that Hershey is increasing its prices 10% immediately. Could losing weight be a pleasant side effect (for some of us) of high grocery prices?

Have a wonderful Thursday my friends!