Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
May Secret Pal Swap Closes April 30th 2pm >

May Secret Pal Swap Closes April 30th 2pm

May Secret Pal Swap Closes April 30th 2pm

Old 05-23-2012, 05:17 PM
Power Poster

SkADUZY nice swap. love the home made goodies. the fabrics are very cute and so are the patterns.love the buttons too.PINKWATER I never seen a lock for scissors before.Cute rug and love the pretty fabrics.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
I almost forgot about Mary doing that.lol
gotta keep our eyes on her...who knows what she'll try to bring home from Cozumel!!!!.....or who.....
Old 05-23-2012, 08:21 PM

glad you liked everything Oksewnsew---i love doing these swaps and looking for things that are out of the ordinary to send. Like I said the teapot was a first try for me--maybe i'll do another and improve.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:58 PM

Teresa, I will be praying for you. Cancer is such a scary word. Rest in the knowledge that we all are behind you!!
Quilty-Louise, Havplenty and (I forgot who it is) - I am so sorry that you haven't been able to find jobs. We will pray that a job is coming for each of you.
Lori - I'm gonna sign up for June!!
Old 05-24-2012, 06:02 AM

I am just loving looking at all the SP packages and getting ideas from them. I have made those snap bags, but it didn't occur to me to use mesh, what a great idea. You guys have me making pin cusions from anything I can find! LOL A friend came over last night and worked on a 10 min table runner for a friend, and I made 2 more pin cusions. At least got them almost done. I am using up all the orphan blocks and squares from my past projects! What fun. Now I want to go garage saleing just to find trinkets to put on my projects! Like I needed to collect something else. I have worked very hard on my sewing rooms, I really thought I had them looking good. So, I took some pictures to post, you know, like a lot of the quilters on this board do. Well, when I look at the pictures it looks like such a mess! I guess it is a mess, but it is an organized mess. And I just love sewing up there. Boy did I digress..... Sorry!!! Happy quilting, and everyone enjoy the long weekend. O
Old 05-25-2012, 02:55 PM

I wasn't on the bench at all, I received a great package from dabbler312 last Thursday, but the day it came I had to leave right after I got home for a meeting, so I pmed her and Lori to let them know it arrived and let Kristine know I'd open it later, but it was actually Friday night when I opened it. well a week later I got a message from dabbler asking if I had ever opened it somehow in all that goes on over the weekend I totally forgot to post(and probably was thinking I had). It was AWESOME. will try to post the picture, but let me tell about it, She sent yardages of fabric including some brick fabric which I am collecting for a future project, very nice selection and variety. A print out of a cute posey basket pattern and a quilt and quilt block a day calendar, some thread heaven and needle threader, some wonderful treats--a dove bar, a dark milky way and a bag of Licorice-Australian licorice,(yes only the wrappers made it to the picture. I waited to take the picture on Sat. for better light.), some rainbow thank you notes, a handy tissue pack, and.....the very Exclusive Black Pepper Spam, and a lovely note explaining that the bp spam is only availble at her town and in England. I said I like some thing local and how cool is this to get something that can only be gotten there. I'm saving it for a family get together so the kids can try it too if they want. Shared the licorice with my husband he liked it too, somehow the chocolate bars didn't make an appearance till he was out of the room, so mysterious. I loved the package Kristine! now I will try to post the picture.

Old 05-25-2012, 03:05 PM

So after a couple of hours of catching up...
Teresa prayers for your recovery. Reading this thread will get you laughing and drive up the healing whatevers that the body make when we laugh. I have to be careful if I try to read at work, being in cubes we aren't suppose to make loud noises that would disturb others. I also can't be taking a drink of coffee when I'm reading either cause I heard keyboards are allergic to it.
Congrats to Krystyna it looks like that salty sea breeze is making your hair fade but you take a great picture! Very happy for you. If the scarf business takes off maybe you can out source some work to have and quilty -just don't call back the girl you tried out earlier...
Ok gotta go.
Old 05-25-2012, 04:45 PM

Krystyna, I was thrilled to see that your scarf won! It was beautiful.
Old 05-25-2012, 04:53 PM

I am still on the bench! Do I have any company here or am I all alone. Its so hot out here on this bench, think I will have a big glass of Ice Tea!
Old 05-25-2012, 05:30 PM

Happy Birthday Krystyna - didn't kno what day it was (is) just knew it was at 'end of the month'..haha Hope your day is a great one.. HUGS
Jean