Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 6.0 Autumn Group >

Boomerang 6.0 Autumn Group

Boomerang 6.0 Autumn Group

Old 02-04-2012, 03:26 PM

I received 4 blocks, so beautiful~ Will post pics later, I gotta finish a quilt and get it in the mail before they...ooops to late forgot it is Sat and they close at 3:00. Ugh!

bibliostone
Crafty3790
Lillie
mosher92

blocks received, will post pics. Thank you so much I just love them! I can't wait to get them all and start figuring out how I will put it together.
Old 02-04-2012, 03:34 PM

here is my update as of 2/4/2012. if any information is incorrect, please let me know. per my records, i am still waiting on 5 blocks or either my f8.

Received blocks today:
fabric_fancy-block mailed home oct/nov11;update: received block today. thanks much
Lillie - block mailed home oct/nov11; update: received block today; thanks much
mosher92 - block mailed home oct/nov11;update: received block today; thanks much

Received update from participant:
Aully - block mailed home oct/nov11; have not received block yet; update: received pm that blocks were mailed jan 30th. status: awaiting block.
daisey - block mailed home oct/nov11; have not received block yet; update: will either send block or return f8
eagleoneowl2u2 - block mailed home oct/nov11; have not received block yet; update: will be mailing block soon. status: awaiting block.

No updates today:
KerriV42 - block mailed home oct/nov11; have'nt received block yet (mailed per post)
quiltin'gran -block mailed home oct/nov11; have not received block yet

Last edited by Havplenty; 02-04-2012 at 03:43 PM.
Old 02-04-2012, 03:42 PM

We already have that here. No street delivery you have to go pick up your mail at the PO. Of all my blocks coming home I have received more than half with Postage due. It is crazy, sometimes one will come home with one 44Cent stamp and get through, then others will show up with a mega lot of postage on it and I still have to pay 45 cents. I don't know how they possibly can use so many different rates. I wonder if it is a "package" and not a letter if maybe that is why the rate can vary so much.

I am just so happy to get them that I pay the rate. About 3 months ago the Postmaster called me into her office and told me that they had a meeting and my name came up!!! She said that the "letters" I had been receiving were slowing down their machine! So now if it was a "squshie" they would post it by hand and charge me the postage due rate....

Some get through any way but some don't. I feel like I have been targeted but since there are only a handful left to come home I will get over it! I know the ones that come in the Manila envelopes are always ok. Maybe that is what we need to do is put them in a Manila Envelope. I hope the PO figures it out, because I don't want to do another exchange because of it. I loved the wonderful blocks I got and I am so happy for all the things I learned.

Originally Posted by Lillie View Post
Yes but it was $1.95 per envelope, then I went to another for others and it was 90 and 95 cent, then next day back to first po and another person charged me 65 cents. I reported this to higher to see why all postal offices are not using the same guide lines and why one has to different prices depending on who's working. no wonder they are closing so many post offices. They are trying to shut down delivery in my area and make it where everyone must have a po box.
Old 02-04-2012, 04:58 PM

I go to the PO and ask for them to be hand cancelled and they charge me an extra 20 cents for it. Do they not do that by you? I go to the PO because I don't want people to have to pay extra. I would think if the mail was sent from the PO it should pass thru the way it should if it doesn't then what's the sense in making an extra trip for something they won't stick to.
Old 02-04-2012, 05:05 PM

I am just wondering, of those who have done these swaps before, are there many that don't end up making your block for you and you just never seem to hear from them again? I feel very lucky that I have recieved so many (27) back so far. I am nervous as I have signed up for another swap to make a quilt for a quilter and I really do not want to get bummed out on all the work and expense that goes into a whole quilt... I am just wondering since this was my first swap.
Old 02-04-2012, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Sandynorm View Post
I am just wondering, of those who have done these swaps before, are there many that don't end up making your block for you and you just never seem to hear from them again? I feel very lucky that I have recieved so many (27) back so far. I am nervous as I have signed up for another swap to make a quilt for a quilter and I really do not want to get bummed out on all the work and expense that goes into a whole quilt... I am just wondering since this was my first swap.
I did the last swap and unfortunately I am still missing 6 blocks, and haven't heard anything. These blocks were due back early Sept, but who knows they may still come home!
Old 02-04-2012, 05:46 PM

yep it is an extra $.20 if your package is not machine cancellable. also if they deem the return block a package versus first class mail, the prices go up significantly. if the sender only puts first class postage on the envelope, the receiver will end up having to pay the difference. yes it is easier to go to the post office and have them cancel/weigh you return envelopes there so you know you have it right. i have done that multiple times and have ended up having to put more postage on my package.

Originally Posted by Crafty3790 View Post
I go to the PO and ask for them to be hand cancelled and they charge me an extra 20 cents for it. Do they not do that by you? I go to the PO because I don't want people to have to pay extra. I would think if the mail was sent from the PO it should pass thru the way it should if it doesn't then what's the sense in making an extra trip for something they won't stick to.
Old 02-04-2012, 06:07 PM

OK I have a small problem! I was checking my spreadsheet against pictures of blocks received. I have 31 blocks (mine included) so that means I should only need 5 more. my list shows I still need 6. So if your name is on this list and you already sent me a block can you let me know so I can take it off my list. I have a lot of my pictures recorded with out the names! I think it happened when I was out of town a few times.

list of names that shows blocks still owed.

Aully
daisey
eagleoneowl2u2
fabric_fancy
goldendog55
quiltin'gran

thanks, for any help. This has been a totally fun experience for me, and if I get the postage thing figured out I would love to try another!

Marybeth

ps, if you are not sure if you sent me a block or not the pictures are in my album on my profile page.
Old 02-04-2012, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Sandynorm View Post
sandynorm unfortunately there will be some in these boom swaps that do not fulfill their commitments or drop out of the swap and you never hear from them again. when this happens, april, the swap host, will intercede to try to get your f8 back or see if the participant having the problem can complete the blocks and mail them out.

i for one, do not understand why people commit to swaps and then cannot meet the requirements of the swap but it happens across the board in other swaps also. i still participate in board swaps, but have become very selective about the ones i participate in. i think i am still missing a block or two from the last swap and while these swaps can be fun, this will be my last one.

my suggestion would be to give whatever swap you participate in your best and note before you commit if you can abide by the parameters and deadlines of the swap. also know that it is possible that one or more of the participants may not complete the swap. the swap host should be able to assist in these situations. i know that i have been an angel in swaps sometimes because a ball was dropped somewhere. hopefully the swap host for the quilt for quilters will stay on top of the participants and their progress so that there are no unpleasant surprises.

for the most part, my swap experience has been that most participants fulfill the swaps and yes there can be some offenders or even repeat offenders who exhibit the same behavior in any swap. april has been very good about stepping in when there are potential problems. i know right now her personal life is requiring more of her time but at anytime if you feel you need to reach out to her, please do so. the quilt for quilters is a new swap and i do hope all goes well with it. i am keeping an eye on it (for participation or problems) just in case they decide to go it again. have fun and dont worry unnecessarily.

mary
Old 02-04-2012, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Crafty3790 View Post
I also always go into the Post Office just to make sure there is enough postage. I hope that's not why they are taking so long to get to some places. I haven't gotten any returned either.