My new avatar and smile

Old 06-16-2011, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by mshollysd
If anyone can imagine going through childhood with ugly teeth, it was horrible, and later I just didn't really care what people thought, but now, I wish I would have bit the bullet and had them done when I was younger, maybe I wouldn't have felt so bad. People with white teeth have been my envy for my entire life.
I had the exact problem! From the same medication. I always thought I was alone in that venture. I hated my teeth, every picture of me was me not smiling. When I had my kids they would say I had monster teeth. They did not mean to be hurtful, but it was painful my whole life and I trained myself to talk without showing my teeth. I feel your pain and I feel you joy! With me I hated my teeth so badly that I would not take care of them, tried pulling them out myself once. Now I have false teeth but they are white! and I smile all the time!
Old 06-16-2011, 07:48 PM

sorry got posted twice.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:50 PM

You look beautiful...keep smiling!
Old 06-17-2011, 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting
If anyone can imagine going through childhood with ugly teeth, it was horrible, and later I just didn't really care what people thought, but now, I wish I would have bit the bullet and had them done when I was younger, maybe I wouldn't have felt so bad. People with white teeth have been my envy for my entire life.
I had the exact problem! From the same medication. I always thought I was alone in that venture. I hated my teeth, every picture of me was me not smiling. When I had my kids they would say I had monster teeth. They did not mean to be hurtful, but it was painful my whole life and I trained myself to talk without showing my teeth. I feel your pain and I feel you joy! With me I hated my teeth so badly that I would not take care of them, tried pulling them out myself once. Now I have false teeth but they are white! and I smile all the time!
I feel your pain, I have tried everything in my life before veneers, I paid $500 to get the solution for bleaching, and the process, lightened them a little but still were brown. I pretty much gave up, except I did go to dentist twice a year and had structurally sound teeth. I am so glad you got your dentures and you are smiling again. Do you notice that you aren't in many family pictures? I was the camera girl because hated my picture taken.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:22 AM

This is wonderful inspiration that we can achieve what we really want; I'm so happy for you and you look great! :D
Old 06-17-2011, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting
I feel your pain, I have tried everything in my life before veneers, I paid $500 to get the solution for bleaching, and the process, lightened them a little but still were brown. I pretty much gave up, except I did go to dentist twice a year and had structurally sound teeth. I am so glad you got your dentures and you are smiling again. Do you notice that you aren't in many family pictures? I was the camera girl because hated my picture taken.
YEA I never smiled! and always was the photo taker too. I am happy for you! It would be nice to have my own teeth but I do not miss the brown ones what so ever! And I don't envy people with white teeth anymore either!
Old 06-17-2011, 09:30 AM

Here is a picture of our wedding day in 2008 and my teeth

Wedding picture 06/07/08
[ATTACH=CONFIG]212869[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-212863.jpe  
Old 06-18-2011, 05:00 PM

You have a beautiful smile!
Old 06-18-2011, 06:41 PM

beautiful!
Old 06-19-2011, 05:25 AM

You can see how dark they were when we got married. That is what I have had all my life. It is really nice to have a white smile. Thanks for all the compliments. It is wonderful