Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
**********International RR3 Group 14  "Traveling Quilts"********** >

**********International RR3 Group 14 "Traveling Quilts"**********

**********International RR3 Group 14 "Traveling Quilts"**********

Old 10-16-2010, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by candlequilter[/quote
Oh Lori, I love it I do I do I do. And then to hear that you weren't feeling well while you were working on it. Thank you just doesn't seem like enough to say - but thank you!!!!!!!!!! This is so fun to see them with the border(s) being added. I need to get busy and take pictures of the one I am working on so that I can post it.

Thanks again,
Sherryl
Sherryl.....I am so glad you like it! I was feeling much better when I started work on your center and made sure I wasn't "under the influence" of pain meds. LOL

I have a another question for you regarding my daughter's quilt. She is now asking to have a fleece backing......after I went out and bought the flannel that she previously said she wanted :) How is the best way to handle using fleece? Should I have it quilted with only a fabric (muslim) backing, skipping the batting and then somehow attach the fleece? Or have you ever had luck using fleece as a backing with a long arm? If I ever get this quilt done it will be a miracle!!! I'm attaching a picture of the completed top cuz I'm so darn proud of myself I could just wiggle all over :) I can guarantee this pattern will never, ever be repeated by me as long as I shall live!! Why I thought a beginner could tackle a pattern like this is beyond me. As my quilting instructor said "are you stupid!" but then told me how proud she was :)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-91934.jpe  
Old 10-16-2010, 06:36 AM
Power Poster

Wow Lori...I remember seeing you post parts of this some time ago. It is fantastic now!! Congrats on finishing the top and also on "being stupid" enough to tackle it!:lol:
Old 10-16-2010, 08:16 AM

I have a another question for you regarding my daughter's quilt. She is now asking to have a fleece backing......after I went out and bought the flannel that she previously said she wanted :) How is the best way to handle using fleece? Should I have it quilted with only a fabric (muslim) backing, skipping the batting and then somehow attach the fleece? Or have you ever had luck using fleece as a backing with a long arm? If I ever get this quilt done it will be a miracle!!! I'm attaching a picture of the completed top cuz I'm so darn proud of myself I could just wiggle all over :) I can guarantee this pattern will never, ever be repeated by me as long as I shall live!! Why I thought a beginner could tackle a pattern like this is beyond me. As my quilting instructor said "are you stupid!" but then told me how proud she was :)[/quote]
Can you talk your daughter into a flannel backing? It's still soft and cuddly and easier to quilt.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:07 AM

Leota......this is the same daughter I tried to talk into another pattern because this one was so beyond me LOL.....do you really think she's going to cave on the fleece :) When we discussed backing, she thought flannel was fleece and when she saw the fabric it was "but that isn't what I meant Mom!" Seriously.....this top is completed and I just want to hand it over to someone else to finish up......I've had enough of it! LOL
Old 10-17-2010, 09:30 PM

I love this, maple leaf is my favorite. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 10-17-2010, 09:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lori L
Originally Posted by candlequilter[/quote
Oh Lori, I love it I do I do I do. And then to hear that you weren't feeling well while you were working on it. Thank you just doesn't seem like enough to say - but thank you!!!!!!!!!! This is so fun to see them with the border(s) being added. I need to get busy and take pictures of the one I am working on so that I can post it.

Thanks again,
Sherryl
Sherryl.....I am so glad you like it! I was feeling much better when I started work on your center and made sure I wasn't "under the influence" of pain meds. LOL

I have a another question for you regarding my daughter's quilt. She is now asking to have a fleece backing......after I went out and bought the flannel that she previously said she wanted :) How is the best way to handle using fleece? Should I have it quilted with only a fabric (muslim) backing, skipping the batting and then somehow attach the fleece? Or have you ever had luck using fleece as a backing with a long arm? If I ever get this quilt done it will be a miracle!!! I'm attaching a picture of the completed top cuz I'm so darn proud of myself I could just wiggle all over :) I can guarantee this pattern will never, ever be repeated by me as long as I shall live!! Why I thought a beginner could tackle a pattern like this is beyond me. As my quilting instructor said "are you stupid!" but then told me how proud she was :)
Hi Lori, Aren't kids great especially when they think we can make anything!!!! To be honest I have not quilted any fleece backing on my longarm. However, I do have a good friend that has done several quilts with fleece for the backing (no batting just fleece on the back). She says that you just have to be careful because it will move around unless you have it secured well. I always secure my tops when I am working on them so I would just use extra care doing the fleece to try and eliminate any wrinkles that might try to work in. I wouldn't do the muslin back first - just your quilt top and the fleece for the backing would be plenty. I have made a throw quilt for my daughter when she was out on an aircraft carrier for 10 months that was fit for the bunk or rack as they call them. It was just the quilt top with the fleece back and it worked out great. But I did that one on my home machine before I got the longarm. She had picked up fabric in Hawaii and wanted me to make her the throw using that. It was her third deployment to the Arabian Sea and she knew that the air conditioning was usually on and she wanted something that she could throw over her and not have to worry about other blankets in such a limited space. I am gain to do the fleece backing if you are. Your quilt top is absolutely beautiful and I am crazy enough to want to tackle that pattern myself. We must be very much alike. :lol:

Thanks,
Sherryl
Old 10-20-2010, 10:32 AM

cdcatlovers, did my center make it to your house safely? thanks
Old 10-20-2010, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Ok Darla
cdcatlovers, did my center make it to your house safely? thanks
I thought we were all set for the everyone receiving their 1st round centers.....I'm anxious for cdcatlover to post a picture of your center so we can see what it looks like. Are you having fun with mine???? I'm finished with candlequilters and ready to send it on to you anytime. Because it might take longer to get there, are you ready for me to sent it?
Old 10-20-2010, 05:13 PM

Hi Lori, I am having fun with yours. I found a nice complementary fabric for the first round. Sorry, but I don't have a camera.
Old 10-22-2010, 06:24 AM

Glad you're having fun! I'll just have to wait until you send it on to cdcatlover and hopefully she'll post a picture before she adds the 2nd round. It'll drive me crazy waiting! LOL