Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am >

weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

Old 03-01-2011, 12:26 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

At this point we have 42 weight loss enthusiasts. (SP?).
This note is basically for myself. So I know where to start again with the list.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:45 PM
Banned

Isn't funny in Jan when everyone made their New Years resolution to lose weight we had 120something now we have 1/3 of that.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:58 PM
Power Poster

What's funny is how fast some ppl just plain give up.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:02 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY IRISHROSE. Sorry you aren't feeling good day. I hope you feel better as the day goes on. Bless you~ Sandy
Old 03-01-2011, 01:17 PM

I'm in for March. I too , am a March baby ! 8-)
Old 03-01-2011, 01:21 PM

I will be here and participate - but if we don't go by % I don't think I can win... but I'm in for the fun and comaradarie (however you spell it)...I work full time and the weekends are my only time to QUILT, clean,cook,spend time wtih family etc... I neglect my guitar playing and workout time in order to quilt and it's showing ...I even started piecing while standing in order to avoid "quilters butt" however it is not working ;-) I will lose 8 pounds this month! Thanks for the challenge.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:22 PM
Power Poster

I am feeling all alone with all you March babies.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:24 PM

CJ...don't feel alone. I am a December baby.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I am feeling all alone with all you March babies.
Me too....at first I thought you'd had to have a March b/d to participate in the challenge. lol
Old 03-01-2011, 01:27 PM

I am on a quick break and don't have time to type my full response to this.. just wanted you to know I completly relate towhat you are facing.. I am 46 and just driving to work thsi morning was telling myself I need to be fit (and I mean FIT) by 50 for sure... realizing how much I procrastine and how fast time is flying. I had a kidney transplant in 2008 and since then have been able to eat what I could not before (dairy, whole grains, nuts etc) and have been taking full advantage of that.. I've gained 10 pounds which might not sound like a lot but on my bones it is. So... now I don't own one pair of jeans that fit and won't buy anymore. I had to buy some work pants but I can't afford to redo my wardrobe so that is another motivation.. and now I am just rambing but my point is that we want to live a quality life and feel good enough to do all the things we love way into late life ... so let's lose weight and gain back our fitness -- having a regiment is the key!!
Originally Posted by Rita's mom
Well this is my third month doing this and I have found 9 pounds! I have went years at my previous weight and hadn't gained anything, now I try to get motivated to loose some of it and I GAIN??? WTH? My goal was to loose most of my weight and be healthier and in better shape by the time I turned 50. I have 1 year and 3 months left to do that in. I just think how much of a dent I could have put into that number in those 2 months if I would just pull my head out!!! Judging by the way I have been feeling and not being able to stand my teenagers and husband I bet hormones are involved in the weight gain. If so then I really better get on the ball and change alot of things!
On a positive note I never really drink soda (diet or regular) it just makes me thirsty. I am more into Iced tea so I think thats is aleast a good thing. (as long as it is decaf. or I would be crawling the walls)Now if I could find out what to do about my chocolate addiction! Anyone have any good suggestions? :)
I think I really need to figure out the mental part of my weight. I know how to loose weight I just don't know how to make myself do it. If you think about it being fat doesn't help me in anyway and it sure doesn't fix all the a##h***s in my life. I am just keeping myself from being able to do things and have a full life! There now I am done with my whine and no I would not like some cheese to go with it.lol

I think the journal is a good idea. It would help me stay motivated. I am not sure what all I would put in it yet. I need to go back to last month and see who was showing us hers. She had alot of good ideas. I would be worried someone would find mine and read it though.
I also just want to thank Tru and all of the people on this thread. I may not have lost yet but I have never had any type of support group before and it has helped alot to see that everyone struggles with alot of the same issues in life and some alot more. So if they can be strong I sure should be able to be. I also think it helps to not try to do everything in life all by yourself!