Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
bargello tute >

bargello tute

bargello tute

Old 04-15-2010, 02:27 PM

i am almost done with sewing my strips... so i am excited as well.. but i am having lasik on my eyes tomorrow..so a day or two of rest before i can cut them and continue.. that will give you and the rest a chance to cut and sew... looking forward to all of our progress..
Old 04-15-2010, 03:46 PM

You did right.
I'm having problems with this one. I guess arranging blue and yellow four times is too much for my brain. I have only used yellow in one other quilt, besides the one I'm doing now....so not really experienced with this color.

What do you think about this line up? Stand back a few feet from the fabrics and squint your eye and see how they look. We have two pictures here, if you aren't pleased with either one, change them around some more.

Maybe someone who really likes to work with yellow will step in and help us.

Originally Posted by Granna of 5
I hope I followed correctly....
Old 04-15-2010, 04:05 PM

That will give me a chance to get ahead of you.

Now that you have your strip sets all done, have you pinned notes to each set so you will remember what number they are? If so, you can preview what your pattern is going to look like once the strip sets and cut and pieced together.

To preview your pattern, start out with the #1 strip set. Lay #11 on top of it, showing about 3 1/2 inches of #1. Lay #10 showing 3 in. of #11, and so on, according to the size you will be cutting the strip sets.

If you have time, show us a picture and let us know if they look like what you thought they would
barb.

Originally Posted by colleen53
i am almost done with sewing my strips... so i am excited as well.. but i am having lasik on my eyes tomorrow..so a day or two of rest before i can cut them and continue.. that will give you and the rest a chance to cut and sew... looking forward to all of our progress..
Old 04-15-2010, 04:09 PM

YES THEY ALL HAVE NOTES ON THEM.. OH COOL.. I WILL LAY THEM OUT LIKE YOU DESCRIBED ABOVE AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS.. STAY TUNE FOR A PICTURE !!
Old 04-15-2010, 04:53 PM

Thanks for responding. The way I understand the instruction you gave Colleen you make 3 sets of the 11 colors and move the bottom color to the top. Do I do that with all the other strip sets too? When you say you number the strips sets do you put the # that is the color at the top? So I need more than one strip set of the original strip? Sorry to be so dumb.
Betty
Old 04-15-2010, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Barb_MO
I would like to know how to made Roman shades for my windows. When I'm ready to do that, would you help me?
Will be glad to help you if I get it figured out. Terrell Sunderman has a great website for information on making Roman shades. This is something I've wanted to do for a long time also. Since I have one large and two smaller windows in my bedroom, I am going to start with one of the small ones and hope I get it figured out.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:03 PM

You're not dumb, just not understanding my instruction, which I can understand.
Using 11 fabrics for this quilt, you would cut (11) 2 1/2 in strips of each of your fabrics.

Here are all my strips cut and laid out ready for sorting into strip sets.

Originally Posted by bbeyes
Thanks for responding. The way I understand the instruction you gave Colleen you make 3 sets of the 11 colors and move the bottom color to the top. Do I do that with all the other strip sets too? When you say you number the strips sets do you put the # that is the color at the top? So I need more than one strip set of the original strip? Sorry to be so dumb.
Betty
strip cut, ready for sorting into strip sets
[ATTACH=CONFIG]61699[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-61694.jpe  
Old 04-15-2010, 06:22 PM

Once they are all cut, lay out your strips like I have in the picture below. I have my color #1 on the far left. I pick it up and hold in one hand, then pick up a strop from then next stack which would be fabric # 2 and place it behind #1...continue doing this until you have picked up the last one on the far right which is #11. pin a note on this bunch number it #1. Make two of these bunches.

For the next bunches, pick up #11 followed by #1,#2, so on until you have #10 on the bottom. Make three of these.

next bundle start with #10 followed by #11, #1, #2 so on until you have #9 on the bottom. make 2 of these bunches.

Continuing doing these until you don't have any strips left. You will have 7 bunches. I cut one of my #11 set strips in half for the last bunch.
here are all my strips stacked ready to start sewing.

strips sets ready to sews
[ATTACH=CONFIG]61784[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-61779.jpe  
Old 04-15-2010, 06:24 PM

JUST TO LET YOU KNOW IN CASE BARB DID NOT.. YOU DON'T DO 3 OF EACH SET.. SCROLL TO WHERE SHE GAVE ME DIRECTIONS ON SETS.. ONLY IGNORE THE FIRST TOP PART AND MOVE TO THE NEXT #1 THAT YOU SEE...
Old 04-15-2010, 06:28 PM

Thank you Colleen, I was getting to that but had to unload the camera and post photos.

Originally Posted by colleen53
JUST TO LET YOU KNOW IN CASE BARB DID NOT.. YOU DON'T DO 3 OF EACH SET.. SCROLL TO WHERE SHE GAVE ME DIRECTIONS ON SETS.. ONLY IGNORE THE FIRST TOP PART AND MOVE TO THE NEXT #1 THAT YOU SEE...