Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
One Project at a time? or more? >

One Project at a time? or more?

One Project at a time? or more?

Old 08-02-2010, 07:55 PM

I always have lots of projects going. However, I am finding that I get more and more frustrated, because my sewing area is not that organized, and I can't find things that I need.

So, I am going to try to not have so many going at the same time.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:25 AM

I always have a few projects going at the same time. Sometimes I need a break from what I am currently doing (or I just have a creative block!) I usually have a quilt project, a crochet project and a machine embroidery project...for me it works!
Old 08-06-2010, 12:22 PM

I meant to be a "one-at-a-timer" but it hasn't turned out that way. I got encouraged to clean out and refold all of my material from reading post here (made me feel guilty) so when I finished I had an entire shelf of mini projects all put in zip lock bags and labeled. Many of them are things I've seen on this board that I just had to go try out as soon as I got up from the computer (like bookmarks, potholders, etc.) that I wanted to try for the new technique. So I made a list of as many of my unfinished works that I could remember and starting two days ago, I'm trying to check these projects off my list. So far I quilted and bound one quilt, finished 8 blocks needed for another quilt and up until I sat down here, I was completing another quilt: needed one more row of blocks, then cleaned up, and sandwiched. Right now I'm quilting it and hope to bind it tomorrow. That means I checked off 3 items of my list of about 17 unfinished projects. I am trying very, very hard to stay focused and committed.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:32 PM

I have a few going at one time.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:42 PM

I like to work on more than one project at a time. I also get bored with one and then move one to another. I just started quilting again not long ago. Besides, I work on my quilt usually during the day and then at night while I listen to the TV I will crochet, knit or cross stitch. I'm always doing something. I feel a busy pair of hands don't get into too much trouble as well as keeping my mind busy. I don't have time to do much worrying about things that's going wrong in my life. I have found a project in the works is very stress relieving and good therapy.