Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Rotary cutter blades >

Rotary cutter blades

Rotary cutter blades

Old 02-13-2011, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by Anne P
I went to Harbor Freight today to get some new blades for my rotary cutters because they are getting dull. This is the first time I've been there for them, thanks to you on this board who have said they are cheaper there! Well, there was exactly one package left! The clerk said a woman came in a day or so ago and bought 40 packages and they had only that one left. Well, I'm glad there was one, because I needed them. I asked when they would get any more and he said in a week or two, so I guess I'll be back out there in a couple of weeks! I just wonder why anyone would need 40 packages - 2 in a package. Maybe she can't get there so had to get all she could. Does anyone else buy them in quantities like this?
Yes - - I am like: buy it once and forget it! Of course, then I start sharing with my friends who may want to try them, so that saves them a bunch of shipping and handling and hassle. I forget where the closest Harbor Freight is to me, but I have a hard enough time finding time to drive 20 miles to the next town more than once a month if I can possibly avoid it. <wave>
Old 05-26-2011, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by sewingsuz
Iamquilter, What does he use to do that? Thanks Suzanne
He's a retired machinist and has lots of tools in the garage.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
if they are buying that many, I can tell you what they do with them...EBAY
You are probably correct. I used to sell auto parts. When something "gifty" would become available, there was one employee that swooped all that were available for sale. I later found that person selling the items for a huge profit on Ebay. It's not illegal, but in my mind, shifty.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:28 PM

i love the ones i get through jhettle.com. i am still on my first two for about 10 months now and they are still cutting like through butter. they are not the ones for 44..but if you keep scrolling down you will see the ones for 11.49 for 10
Old 05-27-2011, 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by bgullett
I bought two packages and love them. If you order from the store I think the shipping is craziness, so if you dont' need them immeditely, try and be patient and check back often with your local store.
Yea, the shipping is obnoxious! But it's still a deal. Next time I order- I'm going to spend about a hundred on the quilting blades and my wallpaper blades ( im a wp hanger) and be done with it. So they'll only get me once on shipping.
Old 05-27-2011, 02:23 AM

I'm going to have to check Harbor Freight!
Old 05-27-2011, 03:36 AM

RE" JHittle blades
the price has gone up again..... now almost $20 - and $2 per blade is still a lot better that $5. or more.

Shipping costs can be avoided if one person makes up and order and gets blades for themselves and several friends. And of course you can order other items.

I still have H.F. blades I can sell in lots of 5 pkts for $10. for those who do not have H.F, in your area.

June in Cincinnati