Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ok - so major household debate has reached a scary conclusion!!! >

Ok - so major household debate has reached a scary conclusion!!!

Ok - so major household debate has reached a scary conclusion!!!

Old 05-05-2010, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Butterflyblue
When we decided to have kids, we had to clear out the spare bedroom to the the kids' room. My husband emptied the garden shed, finished the inside with linoleum and sheetrock, and I moved my sewing out there. It has an air conditioner for the summers. It seemed like a great idea; a sewing studio of my own!

Now that we have kids (2 and 4), I can't leave them to their own devices in the house and go out to sew, so I have brought my sewing machine inside to sew at the kitchen table. My sewing shed basically serves as stash storage, and I'm always running in and out to get stuff. But at least it's exercise, I guess.
Butterfly as I was reading the beginning part of your post I was thinking "oh no she won't be able to go in the sewing shed w/o the kids....." sorry saw that coming, voice of experience. Having to have all my "like" stuff together is what drives me nuts, between my hobbies and analness I always have something to do..lol.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:06 AM

Yup, hindsight is 20/20. There are so many things we didn't think of. :)

But once in awhile my husband can watch them while I go out and sew, and it is nice to have a total retreat from the chaos.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:34 AM

Thanks for the encouragement SewJoyce.....I am pretty much done moving the sewing rm from the bedrm to the what used to be the front living rm. This morning I am tackling the fabric closet from the bedrm. This will be a challenge as there isn't a closet in the new sewing rm. Yes I could leave it in the closet but I already know I wouldn't be happy w/ that set up. Some of the bulky items will stay in that old sewing rm closet...ok onward. I think part of the reason I love reorangizing is it gives me a chance to clean stuff out I haven't seen or will never use. Yes those " What was I thinking when I bought this moments" just glad my honey isn't here to see the stuff I am giving away.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:38 AM

But once in awhile my husband can watch them while I go out and sew, and it is nice to have a total retreat from the chaos.
Oh yes us moms need those retreats to keep our sanity. My famous last words, "this too shall pass", then they are all grown up and get lives of thier own and we miss the chaos...he he, not saying I want them to move in my house just would like them closer...gotta be careful what you wish for...lol.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by craftiladi

Oh yes us moms need those retreats to keep our sanity. My famous last words, "this too shall pass", then they are all grown up and get lives of thier own and we miss the chaos...he he, not saying I want them to move in my house just would like them closer...gotta be careful what you wish for...lol.
The chaos only changes. No, they aren't in the home as much as before, but if they live close by, they are definitely in and out. There are more chances for "babysitting" than you would think. I love it, but there is still chaos in your life. Retirement is a blast -- really

:roll: Oh -- this was about retreats :oops: Ha. I'd love to go on a quilting retreat...or cruise.... or anything.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:15 AM

Ok as promised here is the before & after pics of the craft rm relocation. From bedrm to front living rm.

Living rm before I took over for sew/craft rm.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]49360[/ATTACH]

The cabinet houses misc fabric.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]49362[/ATTACH]

scrapbk side-also fabric cabinet
[ATTACH=CONFIG]49882[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-49281.jpe   attachment-49360.jpe   attachment-49361.jpe   attachment-49362.jpe   attachment-49882.jpe  

Old 05-07-2010, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by craftiladi
Ok as promised here is the before & after pics of the craft rm relocation. From bedrm to front living rm.
Your living room was just beautiful before -- but I like it much better now :thumbup: :D
Old 05-08-2010, 06:49 AM

thanks,like I said it was alot of work and I agonized for mths to take over that front rm.but now that its all done I am loving it.
I read & re-read all the great advice & studied all the pictures posted numerous times, so thank-you everyone.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:57 AM

And I thought that I was the only one moving my sewing machine into the living room for the summer months. With the g Gkids here I need to be out where I can see them (at least that's what I tell everyone) Thanks for sharing our sewing area plans.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:37 AM

Roben,
I am laughing so hard at you & the "takeover" by your HOBBY. My husb. felt the same way about my huge glass collection although it was all beautifully displayed.

Thanks for the great laugh this morn.

Pat G