Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
quilt entered at the "un" fair >

quilt entered at the "un" fair

quilt entered at the "un" fair

Old 07-27-2010, 05:27 PM

It simple: it wasn't anything you did. Don't take it personally. I'd say the fair folks blew it.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:42 PM

Love your quilt, and feel your sorrow. What a pity. The name of my little business is Lady Bug artistry, and I have trouble finding cute lady bug fabrics. Everything I make or paint has at least one lady bug hidden in it somewhere. Usually on the binding, or label
Old 07-27-2010, 08:04 PM
Banned

That is so cute, and you did a beautiful job on it. and I hope next year they will display the quilts deffarent. God bless. Penny
Old 07-27-2010, 08:26 PM

Tiffany - Yes, you are right about the sponsorship. There is money donated by companies that have an interest in the product thus the higher prize money given to such things as pies and jams. There is far less interest in sponsoring the quilt display so that the art is recognized for all the time and hard work that is put into it. The larger sewing and quilt sponsors only do so at the big shows not at local fairs. Sometimes a gift certificate is donated by a LQS.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:01 AM

Covered In Threads - you make an excellent point. Thank you for sharing your opinion/suggestions. We are all in a position to make a difference at some level- we just need to get out there & do it! I for one am contacting my fair board to see if this years' display will be the same as years past. If so, there may still be time to change things. If not, there's plenty of time to prepare for next year!
Old 07-28-2010, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by costumegirl
Tiffany - Yes, you are right about the sponsorship. There is money donated by companies that have an interest in the product thus the higher prize money given to such things as pies and jams. There is far less interest in sponsoring the quilt display so that the art is recognized for all the time and hard work that is put into it. The larger sewing and quilt sponsors only do so at the big shows not at local fairs. Sometimes a gift certificate is donated by a LQS.
I remember one year I placed 3rd and for that I got a ribbon and a coupon for a free hot dog and soda. I had to laugh. I have Celiac Disease so couldn't have the hot dog bun. I am allergic to corn and the entire benzene strain so the hot dog and the soda are out for me too. My hubby enjoyed the free lunch and I figure it only took me about 250 hours worth of work. :lol: I think, at least for me, I just have to have a sense of humor about these things.

God bless the LQS's and other places that do sponser and support the quilt section of a fair!! :idea: I should pay more attention to who sponsers our state fair here and make sure to go into those businesses and thank them.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:27 AM

I can't believe they folded it isn't the idea for people to come in and admire it.... I have used those same fabrics in a quilt I finished a couple of months ago just need to get it quilted.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:09 AM

Very nice.