Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 22, 3 month group - Later >
  • Boom 22, 3 month group - Later

• Boom 22, 3 month group - Later

Old 03-28-2019, 09:46 AM

VikkiM - Super fantastic blocks posted yesterday. Absolutely beautiful - both of them!
    Old 03-28-2019, 10:52 AM

Beautiful blocks everyone. Wow Mom! There is nothing beginner about your blocks. No one is going to believe that you’ve only been quilting a short time. I’d say your a natural!
    Old 03-28-2019, 11:10 AM

I agree! Nothing beginner looking about those gorgeous blocks! Fantastic work .
    Originally Posted by PamelaOry
    Beautiful blocks everyone. Wow Mom! There is nothing beginner about your blocks. No one is going to believe that you’ve only been quilting a short time. I’d say your a natural!
    Old 03-28-2019, 12:37 PM

Darcy Shannon, I love your blocks, I see the kissing fish. cool

Vikkim and TheMerklefamily, Really nice blocks, Beautiful. I really Love what you did with my Block, Vikkim. Thank you

mjpEncinita, Yes, it is a paper piecing block Called "Woopsey Daisy"
    Old 03-28-2019, 03:49 PM

Fun sailboat block for DarcyShannon - the background is a pale baby blue (although in this pic it looks gray) with a hint of white and green.. Hope you like it and that it works well with your blocks! Lots of fun making this one

[ATTACH=CONFIG]610891[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails darcyshannon-boom-22-resized.jpg  
    Old 03-28-2019, 06:21 PM

Great blocks - love the sailboat - terrific coloring.
    I agree - Mom certainly had a hidden talent!
    MJP- what inflatable kayak did you get? I am always on the look out and would love to get one to bring wherever we may be! And the poppy fields in CA are in bloom and the pictures are awesome.Was a rainy winter so lots of desert blooms.
    Old 03-28-2019, 06:30 PM

Thank you all for your kind words! I really am enjoying the challenge, though I'm a bit slow. Good thing I signed up for the "later's group. I must say that Pamela has been a real help to me! In fact lots of my FPP patterns are from her book! She also had me over for a day of cutting which was a real help! Lucky mama newbie!!

Originally Posted by Lstew2212
    Darcy Shannon, I love your blocks, I see the kissing fish. cool

Vikkim and TheMerklefamily, Really nice blocks, Beautiful. I really Love what you did with my Block, Vikkim. Thank you

mjpEncinita, Yes, it is a paper piecing block Called "Woopsey Daisy"
    Originally Posted by PamelaOry
    Originally Posted by TheMerkleFamily
    VikkiM - Super fantastic blocks posted yesterday. Absolutely beautiful - both of them!
    Originally Posted by klaws
    Amazing blocks posted lately! I really like the one vikki made for cheesehead. I wish I could do what you do. MJ you can make me a crazy quilt square if you want. I would love to have one.
    Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas
    Gorgeous blocks Vikkim, Lstew and Darcy. I especially like the blocks for Cheesehead and Biblio. Vikkim your piecing is amazing. I wish I had your skills. Darcy the modern block for Cheesehead is a wonderful design Lstew was the block for Biblio a paper piecing? I look at so many of these and have no idea how you folks made them.

Terriamn so glad you are going home today or tomorrow. That sounds like you sailed through the surgery.

I have fabric prepared for applique cutting for Jayne, LStew, Annie qand Have4boys.. I'll be doing that on our trip. Then when I get back I can sew them into blocks. I know what I want to do for cheesehead but still haven't figure out klaws black and grey fabric. Klaws I'm thinking about a crazy quilt square. I'll PM you about this. I'm afraid I won't be done until May.

We will be traveling for almost a month. We've (well DH) upgraded our van a bit. He put a solar panel on the roof and a refrigerator/freezer in the van. It's full of 20 frozen meals (of which I only made four; Cincinnati chili meals). He made a stand for the freezer and underneath is a storage space for my sewing! and I always get to stop at quilt shops .

We bought a new inflatable kayak. The last one, DH bought at thrift store, has one two many holes in it. It must have looked funny when we were slowly sinking on our local lake. It lasted for two years and 6 hole repairs, pretty good for thrift store.

I have to admit, I'm really looking forward to the time off. I finished my FallProof class but it was an organizational nightmare. 12 students with individual lesson plans and 8 assistants. It was so gratifying as I know the class helped keep many of them independent. They really improved. I also captained a tennis team and a tennis mixed doubles mixer. The tennis team is like dealing with a few junior high girls. Two more organizational challenges.

I will be in and out of internet coverage in April so know that I am thinking of all of you. Do you live in Nevada or Eastern CAlifornia by the Sierras? IF you do and want a visit (lunch or quilt shop trip) let me know. WE will be following the wild flowers.
    Originally Posted by Cheesehead
    Thank you DarcyShannon and Vikki for the dazzling blocks you have made for me!
    Originally Posted by Janice McC
    Darcyshannon, TheMerkleFamily and Vikkim, fabulous blocks!
    Old 03-28-2019, 06:31 PM

This boat is adorable!!
    Old 03-28-2019, 06:33 PM

One more block finished today. This one is for Mjp.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]610894[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails mjp.jpg  
    Old 03-28-2019, 06:42 PM
    Power Poster

Wonderful sailboat block!

And Vikkim's block for MJP is so beautifully done!

Well done, ladies.