Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • August 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes July 31st >
  • August 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes July 31st

• August 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes July 31st

Old 08-01-2014, 04:16 AM

Happy Friday!!! I'll be making a short trip to Joann's this morning. Names will be given out when I get back. Everyone enjoy their morning!
    Old 08-01-2014, 06:57 AM

Hi everyone! Thank you for the welcomes. A little about myself... I live on an island in Downeast Maine. I have been married 32 yrs to a wonderful man. My DH and DD are fishermen (woman). They fish for lobster, crabs, scallops and sea urchins. I stay at home and keep everything running smoothly, or attempt to. Lol. I like crafts of all types, I especially like knitting dishcloths and socks. I do crochet doilies, hand embroider, sm. counted X stitch items, and of course my fav is quilting. My DD also quilts and longarms. I am having fun container vegetable gardening, if the fog would go away, something may grow. I live with 4 dogs, 2 black labs and 2 standard poodles, 2 cats, 3 birds, 1 guinea pig and 1 teacup bunny. I do other swaps once in a while, monthly sp, doll quilt swap, s. santa. I thought I would give this one a try.
    Old 08-01-2014, 07:30 AM

I've been reading previous posts and was wondering about the magnet and fancy beaded pin swaps. What are fancy pins? Are you referring to beaded stillettos? Is there a post stating the themes for future swaps. Everyone is talking about purple for Aug.
    Old 08-01-2014, 09:45 AM
    Power Poster

Dawina, Lynnie makes some beautiful magnets that re beaded.I'll post a picture for you of the one she made me.The beaded pins are like the stillettos except they are made on 4" pins. They are like the old smaller hatpins ladies used to use.This months theme is chickens..Some of us are making chicken shaped pin cush. and some might use chicken fabrics or embroider a chicken etc. sept is purple month. I don't think the rest of the year is settled for sure yet.Hope these pictures help. Mary
    Attached Thumbnails dsc02672.jpg   dsc02663.jpg  
    Old 08-01-2014, 10:07 AM

The theme for this month (August) is chickens. Make a chicken pincushion, use chicken fabric or even yellow would be ok. Next month (September) is purple. The idea for October was Halloween or Halloween colors. November can be Thanksgiving and/or fall colors. If anyone has any suggestions, please tell me. This is supposed to be a joint decision. The fancy beaded pins can be anywhere from 2" long or longer. I'm attaching a picture of some of the pins I received in the swaps. The longer ones on the right are 5" and they are ones that I made. This will give you an idea.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]485920[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails beaded-pins.jpg  
    Old 08-01-2014, 10:13 AM

So much for the nice cool weather. It's 83 and starting to get humid. I did about 2 hours of yard sales and got almost nothing. I did much better yesterday and they had less sales then. I'm getting really picky as I have to find space to put things.

Mary your pickles look so good. I'm sure they are better than Vlasick that I just bought and don't like them. So much for name brands.

Dwina you are sure lucky to have fishermen/woman in your family. I love seafood and I would kill for fried clams and they don't even have them here in Ohio. I have to settle for clam strips (who ever would eat them in NH) and that is at a White Castle known for their slider burgers. The one island I know in Me is Bailey's Island. I sure miss the ocean and have to go up to Lake Erie and pretend. I do a lot of your same crafts.

Here I am just waiting for my swap partner and then I can get busy.

Everyone have a great day
    Old 08-01-2014, 10:38 AM

Thank you for my swap partners
    Old 08-01-2014, 10:48 AM

OK. Everyone should have their names by now. If not, please let me know. Also, send me a PM with any problems. I hope I didn't mess anything up.
    Old 08-01-2014, 12:25 PM
    Power Poster

Hi Dwina, guess what. MSQ has a tute for chickens today!!!!! anybody take a look?
    Dwina, you'll fit in perfectly here. and you have an arc of furbabies too! I love hand knit socks. would love to trade for a pair.I can crochet, but not knit.
    Got my mouse back so i can run around the board now.
    Those pickles look yummy, and crunchy too. Mary are you shipping them with the swap??!!??
    Pat, nice pin collection.
    gonna look around in a bit.
    tomorrow we get our partners. will ship as soon as i get my partner. the envelope is ready to go!
    Old 08-01-2014, 01:25 PM
    Power Poster

Karen the first b12 shot I took last month didn't do anything, but yesterday evening after taking that one, well I was up most of the night with energy that I haven't had in a long time. I am sure going to keep on them doctors about this. I think I have pernicious anemia, because it keeps coming back low after I go off the b12 shots gradually.

Those pickles sure look yummy. They have the prettiest color to them. Those look like winners Mary.

Fun pictures of all the beaded pins.

I tried to learn knitting just to be able to make socks, but I haven't learned yet. lol... I am a sock lover. My feet stay cold even in the summer. Yes, I know I still wear flip flops outside when it is really hot and humid.

Have a great day everyone.