Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
bargello tute >

bargello tute

bargello tute

Old 04-16-2010, 12:50 PM

You have all your strips cut already? let us see your progress.

I am cutting my panels into strips now, only have three more to cut. Would have had them all done but had to take a nap.

If you have sewn two sets done of #1, you can iron the seam. I would iron the seams up toward #1. When you get three sets of #11 done, iron those seams down.

Originally Posted by bbeyes
Thanks Barb, got the idea. Have 2 strips of #1 put together. I dont iron until all strips are together so my question is do I iron seams open or closed?
Would'nt be able to do this without all your imput & Colleen too./
Thanks again.
Betty
Old 04-16-2010, 01:03 PM

Barb, thank you for your time... I am currently looking through my stash to see what else I can come up with. I will be able to dedicate more time after 5 today, when my grandchildren go home. It has been a long week! I will send photo's if and when I get another line going....
Old 04-16-2010, 02:04 PM

Much sooner than I thought. Tell me if I am totally off base with these colors? Thanks
Attached Thumbnails attachment-62359.jpe  
Old 04-16-2010, 03:14 PM

#5-3-1-2-4-11-A-6-B-8-9
Sorry so long getting back to you. I had to make a trip to austin today. So, here is your lay-out, which looks so much better then mine! I have also included 2 more alternates that I found in my bottom stash drawer, if you want to make substitutions it is alright with me. Thanks again for your help!

What do you think of these colors.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]62848[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-62658.jpe   attachment-62659.jpe   attachment-62843.jpe  
Old 04-16-2010, 04:57 PM

I wouldn't say you are off base with these, but I personally like the yellow and blues you had earlier better. I think what bother me about that set of fabrics was the yellow that I had you move next to the yellow/blue flower print. I seem too bright to me there. But, that could just be the lighting once you moved from the outside where it wasn't getting much light from the flash. It is really hard to see the colors correctly, maybe my monitor, because I don't think I am seeing the true colors from these pictures.

If you decides on the last bunch of fabrics I think I would sort the fabric to have all the light colors (pink, blue, yellow, green) on one side of the multi print and the darker colors on the others.

don't get discouraged, we will get the soon.

Originally Posted by Granna of 5
Much sooner than I thought. Tell me if I am totally off base with these colors? Thanks
Old 04-16-2010, 05:08 PM

I think the layout is good. I like your alternate layout also with the addition of the blue & green print to tie back to the blues from that end. On the bottom photo you added the blue on the end. since in that photo you have 12 fabrics, I would take out that blue. I think you have plenty blue on the other side. So in my opinion either one would work.

Originally Posted by missgigglewings
#5-3-1-2-4-11-A-6-B-8-9
Sorry so long getting back to you. I had to make a trip to austin today. So, here is your lay-out, which looks so much better then mine! I have also included 2 more alternates that I found in my bottom stash drawer, if you want to make substitutions it is alright with me. Thanks again for your help!
Old 04-16-2010, 05:43 PM

Thanks Colleen, I can't access the tutorial cause I can't get it to open for some reason so gathering my information from you kind girls here . I'm not too computer savy unfortuantely.
Betty
Old 04-16-2010, 05:46 PM

Now I have 3 sections done of #1 and 2 sections of #2. Are there any other sets that have doubles?
Old 04-16-2010, 06:32 PM

I do like the blue & yellow better myself. I have exchanged the bright yellow with a more muted sand color. Is this a better line up?
The circle & diamond is the one I had in mind, but would be just as happy with the hills & valley's. I want to make both so it does not matter which one is first. You just tell me what line up and which pattern and I am ready. Thanks again for all your help....
Attached Thumbnails attachment-62838.jpe  
Old 04-16-2010, 06:57 PM

Betty, this is the tutorial...I didn't open another message thread....just continued using the the original thread that was started regarding a tutorial....so you are in the right place.
Barb
Originally Posted by bbeyes
Thanks Colleen, I can't access the tutorial cause I can't get it to open for some reason so gathering my information from you kind girls here . I'm not too computer savy unfortuantely.
Betty