Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Yard sale find of a very pretty quilt. >

Yard sale find of a very pretty quilt.

Yard sale find of a very pretty quilt.

Old 08-08-2011, 03:00 PM

It is a wonderful quilt and yes, it is handstitched...what a bargain. You should have it appraised. Some applique quilts are valued at $2000-$3000. You got a deal.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:41 PM

Lucky find. Pretty
Old 08-08-2011, 03:56 PM

What an unbelievable find! It's a wonder that anyone could let a quilt that cool go at ANY price! Glad it found its way to you!
Old 08-08-2011, 04:09 PM
lue

Originally Posted by Ghetohound
Originally Posted by onthelake
So sad that such a beautiful quilt went in a yard sale for only $5. So sad, that is, for everyone but you! :-) It looks like it's all hand done.
The really sad...truly sad thing is that the grand daughter was selling all the stuff. There were pictures, bibles all kinds of family heirlooms. I just shook my head. She has a singer tredle sewing machine that i'm trying to find info on.

I think im going to go back and take a better peek. Model m322996. I think she was selling that for $100.

Sad for sure!
I think of things that I allowed to get out of my grasp that belonged to my family all because I was too young to know better. Tell the grand daughter to save the Bibles at least. There may be family genealogical records in them (I'm doing genealogical research now...years later). When the grand daughter is old enough to know better it may be too late and she will LONG for the things she's lost/sold/given away. PLEAD with her to pay attention. Years from now she will think of you and appreciate what you have done for her.

You can still keep the quilt :mrgreen:
Old 08-08-2011, 04:11 PM

How neat, looks hand stitched, 30's fabrics
Old 08-08-2011, 04:12 PM

What a great "old" quilt.
Love the pattern. You got
a great deal. Hugs, Sharon
Old 08-08-2011, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by lue
Originally Posted by Ghetohound
Originally Posted by onthelake
So sad that such a beautiful quilt went in a yard sale for only $5. So sad, that is, for everyone but you! :-) It looks like it's all hand done.
The really sad...truly sad thing is that the grand daughter was selling all the stuff. There were pictures, bibles all kinds of family heirlooms. I just shook my head. She has a singer tredle sewing machine that i'm trying to find info on.

I think im going to go back and take a better peek. Model m322996. I think she was selling that for $100.

Sad for sure!
I think of things that I allowed to get out of my grasp that belonged to my family all because I was too young to know better. Tell the grand daughter to save the Bibles at least. There may be family genealogical records in them (I'm doing genealogical research now...years later). When the grand daughter is old enough to know better it may be too late and she will LONG for the things she's lost/sold/given away. PLEAD with her to pay attention. Years from now she will think of you and appreciate what you have done for her.

You can still keep the quilt :mrgreen:
I mentioned that (I do genealogy as well). She just looked at me kinda strange. She is 51 years old. I just didnt know what else to say to her.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:29 PM

Great find....great deal...lovely quilt.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:45 PM

Wow, great deal. :thumbup:
Old 08-08-2011, 05:00 PM

What a find!! It looks hand stitched to me. I can't imagine someone parting with anything so nice that was made for them but those folks are out there,( a few in my family, I think).
I don't shop at rummage sales often and it's a good thing, if I found a hand made quilt, I'd have to buy it. I'd have an orphanage for unwanted quilts.