Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
S*h*o*p*p*i*n*g~~~ S*p*r*e*e >

S*h*o*p*p*i*n*g~~~ S*p*r*e*e

S*h*o*p*p*i*n*g~~~ S*p*r*e*e

Old 01-27-2011, 08:02 PM

Beautiful fabrics! Please post a pic when done. We would love to see it. Have fun!
Old 01-27-2011, 08:16 PM

Beautiful choice of fabric. Make sure you let us see the finished quilt
Old 01-27-2011, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009
Originally Posted by quiltsru
if I can relearn quilting believe me anybody can. I to had to start over, I had a stroke and am just getting back into things. Still things can be confusing, but hang in there and if I can help in anyway just let me know.

Quiltsru
This is true in stroke victims...there is a lot of things/ issues to overcome similar to TBI's
I find that if I knew it prior to accident...relearning is easier
but if I didn't know it prior this is where the struggles come from.
It took four years just to learn to thread my machine again and that was a major slap in the face for me. One more hurdle to go over; but I did.
My darling daughter used a permanent pen to mark on my sewing machine the thread path, because I kept forgetting. My new machine already has it. I write mountains of notes to me. We shall overcome!!!!!
Old 01-28-2011, 12:01 AM

WOW loving your choice of fabrics. Remember step by step and soon you will get to the end. Have fun and good luck.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:40 AM

Hi. I agree. I have wonderful detail recall from before my accident. I have a terrible time with recall after it. Learning new things takes many rehearsals. I bought a sewing machine that practically threads itself because I found threading a machine really difficult. I tried a shadow lap quilt and got the shadow pieces in the wrong places. I'm going to finish the quilt but it was frustrating. I find spatial things really difficult. Also processing directions is another exercise in frustration. I went to an occupational therapist for a couple of years who led me step by step in making my first simple sewing project.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:16 PM

Great colors!!!
Old 01-28-2011, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by madamekelly
Originally Posted by dreamer2009
Originally Posted by quiltsru
if I can relearn quilting believe me anybody can. I to had to start over, I had a stroke and am just getting back into things. Still things can be confusing, but hang in there and if I can help in anyway just let me know.

Quiltsru
This is true in stroke victims...there is a lot of things/ issues to overcome similar to TBI's
I find that if I knew it prior to accident...relearning is easier
but if I didn't know it prior this is where the struggles come from.
It took four years just to learn to thread my machine again and that was a major slap in the face for me. One more hurdle to go over; but I did.
My darling daughter used a permanent pen to mark on my sewing machine the thread path, because I kept forgetting. My new machine already has it. I write mountains of notes to me. We shall overcome!!!!!
we must be fairly near one another...lol
I'm in the Willamette Valley also ...I think.
I became the Queen of Post-it's
I think it's neat that the new machines come marked that way.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:16 PM

God Bless you-I have a brain injury too. The confusion and vision difficulties make sewing challenging but I would never give it up! Good luck with your quilt. I hope you post photos!
Old 01-28-2011, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by BfloDd
God Bless you-I have a brain injury too. The confusion and vision difficulties make sewing challenging but I would never give it up! Good luck with your quilt. I hope you post photos!
Yes, confusion & visual makes a huge difference in what we struggle to acomplish...HUGS TO YOU...
I will post step by step photos as soon as I start.
Finishing a special something for someone first.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by mistycatbaby
Hi. I agree. I have wonderful detail recall from before my accident. I have a terrible time with recall after it. Learning new things takes many rehearsals. I bought a sewing machine that practically threads itself because I found threading a machine really difficult. I tried a shadow lap quilt and got the shadow pieces in the wrong places. I'm going to finish the quilt but it was frustrating. I find spatial things really difficult. Also processing directions is another exercise in frustration. I went to an occupational therapist for a couple of years who led me step by step in making my first simple sewing project.
There is so much about everyday living that causes a lot of frustration; let alone all the sewing and other things we add into the mix. Spacial causes me problems also. I also have Vestibular damage with adds another layer of major frustration.
For others who are reading this here is an example:
you want to blo-dry your hair.
you look in mirror, blo-dryer raised ready to dry hair.
Not a simple thing to do. The brain has to try and match all movements to what it is seeing in mirror. Spacially this is a problem; and not so easy.