December Mug Rug Swap

Old 12-16-2015, 02:53 PM
Power Poster

great idea about a quilt in Linda's honor. I'm in.
Old 12-16-2015, 03:05 PM

There are lots of groups that collect blocks. Sorry I don't have the wherewithall to put a quilt together. You could just send blocks to a favorite charity in honor of your friendship with Brat. There is, sadly, lots of need out there.
t
Old 12-16-2015, 03:20 PM

Default Red Mug Rug!

Thank you Terri!
Came with a terrific new (!) Fons & Porter magazine. For my long winter's nap!
Attached Thumbnails dec-mug-rug-terri.jpg  
Old 12-16-2015, 04:13 PM

Pat -- so glad you like your mug rug & goodies! I enjoyed making them for you.

Dotty -- I see your favorite color is red! Love that mug rug!

Bonnie -- I've been making that Santa for so long I can't remember how it came to be! But I'll make a note that you like him ... one never knows what one will get in the mail ... or what year that may be!
Old 12-16-2015, 04:16 PM

Making a block in Linda's honor is a lovely idea, & I would be more than happy to participate. The problem would be, who would put all the blocks together? Then, who would quilt it? With the number of QB members who know Linda, we could easily end up with 5 quilts -- depending on the size. Maybe more! Lots to think about, for sure! We can each throw out some ideas & thoughts on this, & see where it leads us.
Old 12-16-2015, 04:25 PM

Ladies although the thought of a quilt is a very good one, it can't be shared by dialysis patients. A thought that Dotty gave me is a very good one!! If you would like to do something in remembrance of Linda, I will be willing to receive your mini wall hangins and take them to the hospice house for them to hang in the rooms. If you can't totally finish them, as quilted and such, I will do that for you. The hospice house in Cody, WY. is a beautiful building and center, trust me I was there with my father last month, but the rooms do lack a little color for the patients. I asked them today and they are more than willing for me to bring them in. If I get more than they can use, I will take them to the dialysis center in Cody also.
Linda was resting peacefully today, sleeps a lot and is very tired. Going to see her tomorrow one last time before we leave....
Old 12-16-2015, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Ladies although the thought of a quilt is a very good one, it can't be shared by dialysis patients. A thought that Dotty gave me is a very good one!! If you would like to do something in remembrance of Linda, I will be willing to receive your mini wall hangins and take them to the hospice house for them to hang in the rooms. If you can't totally finish them, as quilted and such, I will do that for you. The hospice house in Cody, WY. is a beautiful building and center, trust me I was there with my father last month, but the rooms do lack a little color for the patients. I asked them today and they are more than willing for me to bring them in. If I get more than they can use, I will take them to the dialysis center in Cody also.
Linda was resting peacefully today, sleeps a lot and is very tired. Going to see her tomorrow one last time before we leave....
Mini quilt wall hanging is a wonderful idea. and thank you for giving Linda all our love.
Old 12-16-2015, 05:23 PM
Power Poster

Jaba, I have no idea how to do facebook, can you please remember me to her. thanks,

let her now I love her and enjoyed our long letters
Old 12-16-2015, 05:56 PM

This is what Kelly Hauser posted on FB while ago, thought I would forward it on. (12/16 6pm) Here is an update on Linda McDermott : Steve has been with her and says, "It's what can be expected you don't get well; maybe a few days. I had the nurse give her some pain stuff the morphine maker her itch but she still knows me. Sentencesare garble and she will doze off in mid sentence other than that just the decline." The hospice isn't staffed to handle tons of messages coming in and out but you can message Steven Stayton to pass along messages to Linda. Or you can leave them on her facebook page for him to read to her.
Old 12-16-2015, 06:39 PM
Power Poster

thank you for the update.