Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need help for new sewer >

Need help for new sewer

Need help for new sewer

Old 07-16-2010, 08:04 PM

I just wanted all of you to know we are coming along. It has been slow going but we are working. She had a family reunion and girls camp and I had a death in the family so we are doing what we can. I should have pictures up next week of our progress. Thanks again everyone! :)
Old 07-16-2010, 08:33 PM

Thanks for the update. Lots of us are running at full speed in the summer and quilting gets shoved to the side. :-( But it will have it's day soon. :-) We will wait for the pictures. What a fun thread this is. P.S. Condolences on your loss.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by karielt
Ok need your help ladies....
I have taken a little gal from my neighborhood under my wing. She expressed a huge interest in learning how to make a quilt. She is 14 and in a program called “Young Women in Excellence”. In this program it teaches them to make goals and learn new skills. . She wants to learn how to sew and also learn about people who quilt and why they quilt. I thought this Board would be the perfect solution. If you would like to help me help her we have come up with something fun. If you had time would you send a 6 inch square of fabric or a couple if you can spare it and also write down on a piece of paper your name where your from and the reason or what got you started sewing and why you are still sewing. She is going to be keeping a scrapbook about her quilt as we build it. If you are interested please PM. She is so excited about this… Her name is Justeena.
Good morning..I am so behind myself on some of these posts..I just this morning came across this one and if it's not too late, would love to send out some blocks if still needed.

I will PM you and if you still need fabric, let me know and it will be on it's way.

Great thing you are doing for this very cute young lady....she looks ecstatic.

mj
Old 07-23-2010, 06:21 AM

Ok ladies I got some pictures last night so i'll try and get them posted this weekend. She has the Scrapbooking done and the signiture blocks cut and names on them (Thank you to those that sent one to her) We will be cutting out the blocks for the quilt top this week..... So stay tuned
Old 07-25-2010, 02:31 PM

Oh so excited to see what the little sweetie is up to!
Old 07-26-2010, 06:22 AM

We are starting to cut out the top this week but here is a picture of the scrapbook, our mess lol, and some of the signiture blocks for the back.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-70782.jpe   attachment-70783.jpe   attachment-70784.jpe  
Old 07-26-2010, 07:03 AM

Wow! Can't wait to see the ongoing project. You two are doing an awesome job. Karie, thanks for doing this!
Old 07-26-2010, 07:48 AM

This is so much fun...watching this thread. A treasure of memories for her!
Old 07-26-2010, 08:49 AM

WOW - What a lot of work you two are doing before you even start sewing - BUT WHAT WONDERFUL DOCUMENTATION she will have for her first project. So happy to have been able to help! It's very exciting to see how the project is coming along!
Old 07-27-2010, 08:29 AM

How wonderful to see what she and you have been up to! This is a real project of love I would say...thank you for the pics it is really a lot of fun to see the progress. And what pretty fabrics you have there.
Huggers to both of you!