How did you meet?

Old 01-09-2011, 11:38 PM

Well we met in a grocery store but we both worked there :)
Old 01-10-2011, 12:10 AM
Jim

My wife and I went to HS together...but we met when my older brother was dating her older sister. We dated a few times in HS, wrote everyday when I went away to college. When I went home for summer break I decided to stay home and attend a local college so we could see each other more often...we've been married almost 37 yrs now.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:42 AM
Banned

worked with him years before, tried to get him to take out a friend but he said he'd take me out instead!
Old 01-10-2011, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by BettyGee
Originally Posted by purplepamela
My DH came to my house with a friend of mine who at the time was sweet on my sister. Hubby had dated a girl i graduated with so i knew who he was that was about all. He told me after a week of coming to my house he was hooked. He ask my mother if i could go out with him the next week. Mom told me that was the man i would marry some day. We married 1 1/2 years later after he ask her first. Last December was 27 years, he put on his facebook page that 27 years ago he married his best friend and still loved her. Was awesome. Did not expect that at all.
I love that! I've always said that my husband of 47 years is also my best friend. What an awesome thing for your hubby to do, may you have another 27 plus years together!
Thank you. Your like me, never have to look very far for your best friend.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:07 PM

I met my husband in college, at Texas Woman's University. They allowed men in their health sciences program. My rooomate was in his class and we wanted to carve a pumpkin but did not have a knife. He was the only person I we knew who lived off campus and might have a knife that would work. So we went to his place to carve our pumpkin. We started dating a few weeks later and have been married for 32 years.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:39 PM

My first-I was 12 and he was 18. Met in skating rink where his girlfriend worked. He shipped out to Korea, girlfriend wrote him a dear john, when he came home I was 15, still hanging out at the skating rink. We dated a year and were married 7 yrs.
Second-I worked in hospital he had been in car wreck.We went together 6 weeks and were married 8 years.
Third-I was a waitress in a nightclub. We went together 10 days and have been married almost 40.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:36 PM

When I was younger (much younger that is! :-)) I did get hit on in stores. That never worked out. Neither did office romances, blind dates, etc.

My wonderful husband of nearly 9 years and I met on a Christian dating website. We chatted online for a couple of months, and then finally met face to face. A little over a year later we married.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:08 AM

I met my s.o. (we just celebrated 3 years together yesterday) on Craig's List (as in The Craig's List Killer). We chatted several months and then we met for dinner and I quit dating the other man I was seeing and concentrated on him.
I work full time and he is semi-retired so he cooks/cleans and takes wonderful care of me and my two dogs (they both worship him).
I can't get re-married since I am a Navy widow (and receive a small pension), but he is a keeper.
I am 58 & he is 55. His parents have been married over 60 years and his Mom is like a mother to me!
Old 01-13-2011, 09:11 PM

My ex and I met online.

My boyfriend is my true love story. We met in school when we were 13. At 15, he told me that when he got married, he wanted to marry me or someone just like me. Scared me to death! I refused to date him because he was younger than me (by a month and a day which still burns him up and he brings it up all the time! LOL).

We went our different ways, married, had kids and somehow found our way back to each other. From the first moment we reconnected, I knew it was meant to be. We're 38 now (him minus a month and a day!), head over heels in love and rediscovering each other.

Oh.. we had a graduating class of 13 people. Out of that class, we are one of two couples together from it! How crazy is that!
Old 01-14-2011, 04:37 PM

I met mine when we were both in the Army National Guard. Been together 28 yrs.