Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Do you have any purple in your house? >

Do you have any purple in your house?

Do you have any purple in your house?

Old 02-11-2011, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
Just wondering... it's a question sparked by a short wander through Target last week... where there were purple towels on display and I got to thinking that I've never, ever been in a bathroom that had purple in it.

And rarely in any other room that had purple in it.

Do you have anything purple in your house?
The spare bedroom has light purple walls!! It was so much fun to decorate with purples, pinks, and even blues in the way of pillows on the bed. Also we can't forget the wall quilt with shades of purple....very pretty!
Old 02-11-2011, 05:42 PM

No, except for the purple quilt I made last year. I read somewhere that purples are going to be "in" this year.
Old 02-11-2011, 05:45 PM

only because dh says no... it's my favorite color..but we try to be reasonably historically correct (house built in 1738) and you never see any purple in old houses from that era...

but, i have it in every quilt in the house...
Old 02-11-2011, 06:53 PM
bjr

Not purple, but I have two lavender bathrooms, and I LOVE them.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:32 PM

I don't but you wouldn't believe my old next door neighbor. She will only wear purple. Her hair is burgandy. My theory on that is it is as close to purple as she can get and not look too strange. Her brick house trim is painted purple, purple hose, purple flowers in her garden, purple swosh on her black car. The inside is the same, all purple.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:38 PM

yup, everywhere in granddaughters room lol
Old 02-12-2011, 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by Quiltgranny
... Anyway, yes, our bedroom has a lot of purple in it: the walls are Easter Egg Purple, the ceiling the lightest purple on that paint chip. ...
I can really see that! I was going to write, I don't like being in dark-walled rooms, and I don't think I'd go for pastel lavender walls, even though I love the color. But Easter Egg purple somehow sounds exactly right!

As an apartment dweller, I'm stuck with shades of white. If I ever find an apartment (or house) I like enough to settle into, I'd probably paint the walls and then repaint them over on moving out. I could see that Easter Egg purple for a bedroom.

As it is, I have purple potholders and eggplant refrigerator magnets in my kitchen. The intention was to have eggplant and iris motifs there, so I could have purple, midnight blue, yellow and orange accents. My stoneware plates are deep blue, and my dishes and mugs are handmade ceramics in shades of purple and deep-to-light blues.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:05 AM
Banned

ADORE purple,mauve,lilac have purple kitchen towels , purple/green quilt --my favourite colourways and have a special carpet Florence pattern with green background and flowers with purpley/lilac.
my Grandmother did not like it as it was ,with grey the colour for half mourning in Victorian times and the early 1900's.
Old 02-12-2011, 04:37 AM

My dining room wallpaper above white wainscoting is a tiny purple floral on white.
Old 02-12-2011, 06:24 AM

No purple in my house. OH WAIT! A painting of a cow with a kitty on its back has purple in it as also a snippet pic I made that has purple in it also (sunset colors). I did stay in a home once that was owned by an architect and an interior designer. The house had an EGGPLANT colored wall with a high gloss in it and bright yellow accent wall on the other side. I was blown away that as awful as it sounds it looked right in that house (ultra modern beach house). I think it takes a lot of.. something to pick up that can and go.. yeah this will look great in my kitchen.. I personally wasn't born with any of that.