Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
do you feel women should cut their hair >

do you feel women should cut their hair

do you feel women should cut their hair

Old 09-03-2011, 08:13 PM

Depends on your hair, face, and what looks best. Some women have beautiful hair that grays or gets white and is in good condition and they look great with it long...others NO....but in any case, do what make you happy.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:20 PM

I think any woman, regardless of age, should do whatever the hell she wants to with her hair! Short or long, it's up to the individual.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:53 PM

I used to have hair past my shoulders but got mad once and cut it to convince my DH we needed to get rid of the old rooftop AC and get a more modern one because the old one was not keeping the house cool enough for me. I liked the new shorter hairdo so much I've kept it. I like the ease of having curls and photos show that they look better on me, don't show up the wrinkles so much as pulled back hair does.
One other thing, used to believe that makeup was not necessary, till in my 40s the laugh lines started looking way too much like wrinkles so started using a little make up. My daughters approved of the new change....
Old 09-03-2011, 09:10 PM

I think I'll always rail against the "old lady haircut" for myself. It reminds me of the movie "Steel Magnolias" where Shelby calls her mom's hair a brown football helmet. No thanks.
My husband thinks long hair is sexy. I cut mine to shoulder length to donate it but I'm growing it back.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:42 PM

I started wearing my hair short when I was quite young because it was super thick and the weight of long hair gave me headaches. I like the feel of it much better short and it is easier to take care of when I am busy. It is so much cooler, too. I think the choice should be left up to each woman. :)
Old 09-03-2011, 09:54 PM

My Mom is 88 and she let her hair grow almost to her shoulders last winter. She has worn it short most of her life and always looks good. Well, my brothers and one of her grandsons had a royal fit and bugged her something awful to get it cut, again. She finally did, but not until she was ready. I told her it is her hair and to wear it anyway she wants to wear it. She just didn't want to go every month to get it cut. She just didn't feel like it. The guys are happy now.
Old 09-04-2011, 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by charlotte625
I had long hair till a month ago and cut it to suit me ...I am glad I did, But if I want my hair down to my knees..That is up to me.
and like clothes..who should tell you what you should wear.
I went shopping and I am size 18, so why do they want us to wear large flowers..............makes me so mad.
Me too----size 16-18 on top and 18W for slacks and jeans. I HATE large flowers and worse yet, the loose, almost-maternity tops that they assume I want. I want to tuck in my shirt and look thinner that way rather that looking pregnant OR much fatter than I am with the loose, billowing smock tops. UGH! And my hair is so ridiculously, unmanageably curly that it has been shoulder length since my 20's....but it only takes 5 minutes to dry in the morning. Ease of handling it beats the length I'd love to have.....
Old 09-04-2011, 08:03 PM

I always wore my hair long until one day i noticed in the mirror that the lines in my face echoed the lines in my hair style - both were vertical! My cheeks were sagging, jowls were developing, eyelids were drooping, everything was going down and then my long hair was hanging down on the sides of my head. Had it cut short that day so that at last something had a line that didn't point toward the ground.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:24 AM
Power Poster

I use to think girls with pony tails were just to lazy to take time and style their hair. Right now i am waiting for mine to grow long enough to put in pony tail. So sick of short hair and higi maintenance. I have to use ton of product,blow dry and curl everyday. Guess who the smart ones are. Not me.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:19 AM

I think it is a personal decision.