Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST >

August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

Old 08-01-2012, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Liz22 View Post
Hi, is anyone here found the names for partners for secret pal? I am getting lost here in thread, and also a newbie on this. Thanks for your help.
lori will send you a pm with your swap partner's info once she has everyone matched up. so sit tight and tweedle your thumbs for a little bit. the names are coming. it takes lori a moment or two to get all matched up.

mary
Old 08-01-2012, 07:42 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by brenda21 View Post
....now as far as quilting...you do know there are lots of quilting rulers, right? haha....one of the ladies on one of the threads here used her dh's level to cut and somebody else was using a regular wooden ruler
Keeping in mind that I'm a "just do it" kinda gal ... when I re-started quilting I didn't bother with rulers. I sort of chopped off a piece of fabric that was vaguely square and then held it up to the rest as a template! If I wanted a triangle, I folded it in half and let the snips fall where they may.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Keeping in mind that I'm a "just do it" kinda gal ... when I re-started quilting I didn't bother with rulers. I sort of chopped off a piece of fabric that was vaguely square and then held it up to the rest as a template! If I wanted a triangle, I folded it in half and let the snips fall where they may.
of course you did, dear...because aside from being a just do it kinda gal, there's also a few spools missing from the thread rack....
Old 08-01-2012, 07:59 AM

Sheesh, you guys have been chatty!! Umm, no shoes or monkeys for me either this month, tho thanks for thinking about it.

Have been able to do a little walking and tonite we have tickets to a Grateful Dead movie so resting up for that.

I am so glad so many of you like magazines. I have such a big collection of old magazines that are such fun to read and look at the ads. I love the prices in them. I've been throwing in 3 or 4 with most month's packages. And some of the info isn't even too outdated.

Am eagerly awaiting Lori's PM, thanks for all you do Lori!
Old 08-01-2012, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
lori will send you a pm with your swap partner's info once she has everyone matched up. so sit tight and tweedle your thumbs for a little bit. the names are coming. it takes lori a moment or two to get all matched up.

mary
Hi, Mary,
Thanks, I will tweedle my thumbs, or I am really cleaning out a closet of ds! Uugh, in this hot weather.
I just didn't know.
I am sending a shout out to Lori and hr hard work! I will check back later!
Thanks for your help! Back to cleaning.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:16 AM

I was wondering about how the names work too as I too am a newbie ) Must admit this is pretty exciting. Can't wait to read up on my secret pal )
Old 08-01-2012, 08:24 AM

I love magazines and books too. I used to suscribe to Fon's and Porter but now I just buy them randomly. My favorite mag is the Quilt Sampler because they talk about different shops through out the country and they show pics pics pics. I love seeing pics of quilt shop and reading the stories behind them. Waiting in anticipation for my secret pal name and seeing what she likes. Can't wait to fill the box up with goodies. Already have a few things lined up. This is fun and I haven't even received or sent anything out yet ... lol
Old 08-01-2012, 08:42 AM

Hav - I loved that old Remington machine. After all it was the only one I had at the time. It was load but oh so reliable. The only problem it ever gave me was when the belt broke and I couldnt find a replacement. At that point I didnt have internet and no clue where to get new ones. So, I just decided to try out some of those thick rubber bands instead. It worked and to this day still has a pack of those rubber bands with it.LOL MIL now has it at her house. She asked if she could take it back home once they purchased a Brother LS 400 for Christmas. Love that one but she has her limitations. Very basic so she is my backup and I pull her out to do piecing when I'm feeling nostalgic. DH was wonderful this past tax season and ponied up the money for me to buy another Brother, the CS 6000i so I would have something more compatible for FMQ and such. All in all I cant say enough about Blue, he is realiable also and oh so easy on most days. LOL

Brenda - yes, I have discovered the wonderful and very abundant world of rulers. I dream of using tons of them once I actually own them. Currently I have 4 rulers, the baxic 6x18, a 12 1/2 square up, an add 1/4 for pp, and most recently my wonderful sp from July sent me a Half Square and quarter Square Triangle Ruler that is awesome. Cant wait till this commissioned quilt and fair quilts are done so I can have the chance to try it out. Who knows maybe Ill get lucky and this month my sp will send another ruler to try.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by brenda21 View Post
of course you did, dear...because aside from being a just do it kinda gal, there's also a few spools missing from the thread rack....
~ brenda you sure have a way with words. we all know that krystyna is a little bit annie oakley reincarnated.

~ on another note my landlord is sure dragging his feet with getting my central air unit repaired. it has been out since last thursday. i have been living here 10 years, a model tenant, and i am not sure i understand this. the temps have been over 100 most days since early june. i have been packing up to move from here so i wonder if that is some of the reason its taking so long. as much as i have paid to live here, they should have had a new unit on the back of a truck the moment i called for repairs. he just called me back and said he will get someone out here again today to see what is needed. in the meantime my db bought me over a window air unit so me and my furbabies could stay at home without roasting.

~ i am living my life as it comes.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]352933[/ATTACH]
Attached Images  

Last edited by Havplenty; 08-01-2012 at 08:46 AM.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:54 AM

Hav - remember those days without a/c. What are wonderful thing that someone is looking out and helped out. Glad you can now stay cool.

I wonder where all those spools most of us are missing go. I know I have some missing also.