Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 02-01-2011, 10:53 AM

I am sorry, I don't know who the moderators are. Edie
Old 02-01-2011, 11:00 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Edie
ok just checked and she is on line PM PatriceJ
Old 02-01-2011, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Oh mannnn....

I am so bad today. My mom is making pasta for dinner and she wanted bread to go with it. It is -14 right now which makes it too freaking cold to go to the store.

Sooo....

I broke out my recipe for the best and easiest bread recipe. This recipe make 4 large loaves or 20 mini loaves. I have a professional Kitchenaid so I can make 6 loaves of bread at once. I love it!

I am going to make one loaf garlic cheese bread; one loaf cinnamon raise swirl bread; facocia with jalepeno and cheese; one loaf as regular white bread.

Our house smells sooo good and it is only on the first rise. I think I have died and gone to bread heaven. *sigh*

Sorry I do know we are all dieting but I had to share. If anyone wants the recipe, please let me know.

Missy
i am going to make bread today too. i am sure everyone will want the recipes but why don't you post them on the Feb thread not this one?
Good idea!!

Missy
Old 02-01-2011, 04:27 PM
Administrator

i could only find it twice, so those are fixed. :-)
Old 02-01-2011, 05:16 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
Thank you, I was able to take care of the third one.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Rita's mom
Wow! Very inspiring! I never thought of walking in place what is the name of the show? Good idea when it is so cold out. (-12 here right now!) Keep us updated on your progress it really motivates others. One question does the truvia leave an after taste??? I have tried stevia before that was not so good!

Originally Posted by lauriejo
Way to go bjeriann and Edie!!!!!
Thanks, ever so! I had a hoot. I bought a pedometer and put it on my jeans and wore it every second I was up. This past month I did a cable tv walking show which consisted of a mile walk in place in your own home (I was able to walk any time of the day I wanted to, so I chose morning and around 4:00 in the afternoon and did it twice a day (2 miles) and it registered on the pedometer, so between that and errands and shoveling (oh, really?), I managed to put on about 3-1/2 to 4 miles a day, except last Friday, when I hit 10,000 steps!!!! That is five miles - you can count walking up and down store aisles, vacuuming, running up and down stairs. If it registers, you got it! I also discovered a fantastic website where if I wanted such and such for dinner, I would look it up and it would tell me how many calories, what the nutritional value was and I would go from there. My favorite was fresh blueberries - count them out - 50 - and Truvia sweetener, a toothpick and chow down - only 39 calories. Also for those in the Midwest Roundy's mini rice cakes - chocolate, caramel or cheddar cheese - each one absolutely delicious, less expensive than Quaker and was able to get 8 or 9 of those little cakes for 70 calories. I did not starve. In one month I can definitely notice a difference - two ten pound bags of flour and one family pack (3#) of hamburger less than I weighed on the 1st of January. No milk, (only for coffee - 2%) no bread, no desserts, except the mini rice cakes. Lots and lots of fruits - partial to apples, oranges, bananas and blueberries this time of year. I have one big salad a day, either one hard boiled egg cut into it or one thick slice of ham, turkey or chicken lunch meat cut up and mixed in with it, mushrooms, tomatoes, celery, baby corn cut up (2 per salad), ripe or green olives.

So, you all coming up for February, I wish you good luck, healthy eating and happy times ahead.

It is 7:41, I moved the van (snow emergency), I have walked a mile, I watched Fons and Porter and ate my breakfast (blueberries, one cup of Rice checks (100 cal) and now I am sucking on a cup of tea with Truvia. No calories! I have sewn 16 squares together and am ready to sew the block together, but first I have to go out and shovel - close to 6" of snow. AND I AM 72 YEARS OLD!

Now, don't any of you tell me you can't lose weight in February,
because you can.

Oh, I fed my husband hash browns and a T-Bone steak, meat loaf, mashed potatoes and gravy, chocolate cake, ice cream, ice cream sandwiches in the freezer, mac and cheese. Didn't touch a one.

I'll be totally honest. I wanted to win those fat quarters and I did think 23 pounds would do it. It didn't. But I feel so darn good you wouldn't believe it. I would like to lose another 20 lbs this month. Then I'll hit 148 and if I can lose another 18 pounds after that, I will be the weight I was when I was married 50-1/2 years ago. How is that for a goal!

You can do it! It's a walk in the park! For me it was a walk in the living room (haha)!

Go for it!!!!!! Edie
Hi - Google Leslie Sansome - Start Walking - 1 Mile (and there is also a dvd for two miles. The TV show is on the exercise channel on Comcast Cable. I do the one miler. It is only about 20 minutes long and you feel really good when you are doing it.

Truvia does not have an aftertaste. I sprinkle it on my blueberries and in my tea and I can't tell the difference from sugar.

Good luck. Edie
Old 02-01-2011, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Originally Posted by PatriceJ
Thank you, I was able to take care of the third one.
Thank you. Boy, this has been quite some day. Probably one of the best days of my life. Edie
Old 02-01-2011, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Congratulations bjeriann and Edie! Fantastic job!!
Wonderful you two gals. Congrats
Old 02-01-2011, 06:38 PM

Okay guys...

I have now taken the first dose of the increase of the anti-psychotic med. I hate it already but know that it is necessary. So, now I have a few days before the voices go away.

Oh well...I hope you guys are keeping warm...take care!

Missy
Old 02-01-2011, 06:44 PM

Edie, You are an inspiration to me because I am almost 71. I am on WW and have not lost much in 16 weeks. I am a very busy woman but exercising is not really my thing. However, I am going to google that woman and see what she has to say about walking in place. That is a very good idea. Thank you for sharing your story.
Donna