Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Scrappy Siggie Block Swap-special note on pge 150- Closed >

Scrappy Siggie Block Swap-special note on pge 150- Closed

Scrappy Siggie Block Swap-special note on pge 150- Closed

Old 07-30-2010, 09:26 PM

It's 1:30 am and I'm finally home. The blocks aren't quite ready to be mailed yet but we really tried today. I'll post pics tomorrow (which is really today) I need a nap!
Old 07-30-2010, 10:26 PM
Power Poster

OH MY Goodness .... Wish I could do more then cheer you on
{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}} and a HUGE Thank You for all your hard work
Old 07-30-2010, 11:33 PM

Thank you for all your hard work! We really appreciate it!
Old 07-31-2010, 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by NorBanaquilts
It's 1:30 am and I'm finally home. The blocks aren't quite ready to be mailed yet but we really tried today. I'll post pics tomorrow (which is really today) I need a nap!
Donna, glad you made it home ok! We were really worried about the long drive. Unfortunately you still have all the mailing and final touches to do alone! God bless you, our thoughts and prayers are with you!

Well we finished the sorting, about 6 hours after the deadline (about 10:30 pm) and even managed to recruit one of the office people to help for a short while.

The Rotterdam Senior Citizen Center has been truly wonderful!!! I had only been in there twice before, basically to ask questions and was surprised that they would even allow us to use a room with lots of tables, their sewing room. There was so much sewing machines, material, and other items, but we never got a chance to look at them!

I hope Donna posts the name and address of the Director and helper, Molly, so we can all write and thank them for their generousity! Believe me, we couldn't have managed this without their help and room!!!

As I said Molly, the office clerk came in and helped us for a while and she even called the director, Diane DeMarco to see if we could stay longer instead of packing up to my house. They didn't know me at all, but allowed us to have the "key" and stay as long as we needed and lock up.

We were so busy we forgot to eat lunch, but Denise, John, her husband and I stepped across the street around 7:30 for some dinner. Donna wouldn't go so we brought take-out back to her. We just plugged along all day long, laughing, talking and trying to get John to sing to us, but he wouldn't! He worked right along with us! What a trooper!

Well, it's been a long haul but it is over except for additional work of mailing, etc., that Donna has to do. We had a lot of fun and honestly did our best! I hope everyone is satisfied with the results.

This was my first swap and I found it very interesting to see all the different fabrics, locations of the swappers, and skill levels.
It truly was a lot of fun, although exhausting. I actually ended up in the swap after the first deadline because I saw they were going to meet so close to me. I'm glad I did, it was quite and experience! :!:

Now it's all up to all of you!!

We expect to see pictures of all the wonderful quilt :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thank you Donna for doing the swap in the first place and Denise for getting me involved! I truly had a great time, but need a day or two to re-coop! After all, I just found out I am old enough to belong to the Senior Center, lol.
Old 07-31-2010, 03:04 AM
Google Goddess

Thanks for all of your help with this swap, we can't wait to receive our siggie blocks back.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:51 AM

Here are a couple of pics from the swapping yesterday.

We had 136 people that sent in 20,989 blocks. :shock:

It took us over 13 hours to get the bulk of the work done, and I still have hours of work to do to get them finalized for mailing.

I would like to thank Janel, Denise and John for all thier help! I really don't know how I would have pulled this off with out all their help. It would have been YEARS till you received your blocks back.

Janel thanks again for finding us such a wonderful place to do the swapping. The senior center welcomed us yesterday and were more than hospitable. We had a very large room all to ourselves with several tables so that we could lay everything out at once.

The senior center closed at 4 p.m. and we were no where close to being done. Mollie, a wonderful staff member of the senior center was helping us. When she saw the huge task still in front of us she offered to stay until 5 p.m. and knowing that even that extra hour wasn't going to be long enough for us to finish up she called her supervisor and got permission for us to stay until we we done. Mollie was a life saver!

The senior center was so great. I would like to ask each of you to take a few minutes of your time to thank Mollie and Diane for thier help and hospitality. Please send a card of appreciation to:
Diane Marco, Supervisor
Frank Del Gallo Rotterdam Town Hall
1100 Sunrise Blvd
Rotterdam NY 12303

Did I say that the senior center let us use the room all day for FREE!

We had a long day, and I'm sure we weren't perfect. When you get your blocks if there has been a mix up please be understanding. PM me if there are serious problems.

I was hoping to get the blocks to the post office today, but there is still quite of bit of work to do to get them ready for mailing. I hope to get that done today and tomorrow. I'll get as many to the post office on Monday that I can.

I'll keep you posted!

The pile of block!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]62912[/ATTACH]

Sorting Started
[ATTACH=CONFIG]63427[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-62907.jpe   attachment-63422.jpe   attachment-63601.jpe  
Old 07-31-2010, 04:56 AM

Sorry Philarena, They did arrive on Thursday but I was so busy that I didn't get them marked. They still aren't marked as received but your blocks made it to the swap.

Originally Posted by Philarena
I'm a little worried. Fedex showed they delivered my blocks yesterday morning around 10 AM but they never got marked as received on the Activity Page. I guess I should have quit when I got so sick. Sending them in at the last minute like that wasn't fair to those waiting to count the blocks. I apologize everyone for holding up the boat! Thank you Norbana and assistants, I hope I didn't mess up your day. You ladies are so wonderful to carry this out for everyone involved!
Old 07-31-2010, 04:57 AM

Lunch??? Who had time for lunch??
Originally Posted by sharon b
Soon they will be breaking for lunch :thumbup: Wonder if they are tired of going in circles yet ?

Hey we are cheering you on from far and wide :thumbup:
Old 07-31-2010, 05:10 AM

A big round of applause and lots of hugs and thanks for all the hard work put in by all of you. I will certainly also send a thank you to the senior centre.
Old 07-31-2010, 05:19 AM

My goodness ... thank you !
I´m glad that meeting for sorting all of you got to know nice people.
Thanks again.