Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 12-31-2010, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by lisainmo
Originally Posted by purplemem
Well, folks, AGAIN I got dropped.

I am in the "need to lose more than 100 pounds" category. I started with my top weight of 355. Lost to 300. Sat around there for a while. Now I'm at 275. I'm exercising a little every day, due to health issues can't do much, but I'm moving every day and that is a big accomplishment for me.

This last month I've lost 9 pounds, so far. I'm hoping to be the winner because my daughter is having another baby in February. I want to make her a new diaper bag with the FQs. (counting my chickens before they hatch!)

I love this group. Motivating and caring.
You can do it!!!
You can do it! What a good start you have made. I need to lose 70#. I love making baby quilts. Congratulations on you newest chick!!
Old 12-31-2010, 05:54 AM

I'm thinking about it. I have some health issues.
Old 12-31-2010, 05:58 AM

I understand. I do too. I'm very limited on ways to exercise. And my tummy is very sensitive. lol We will do this!
Old 12-31-2010, 06:35 AM

Can there be only one winner? What if there is a tie between two or even three people? Do we have to buy each a FQ?
Old 12-31-2010, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by lauriejo
I'm in again! One of these months I will get back on track and start losing again. But, if that doesn't happen I will certainly enjoy the journey. I love this thread so much fun and help and caring, not like my "real" life at all LOL!

For Gwyn and Mary Jane, Carrie did start a thread for making a weight loss quilt http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-68430-1.htm. You won't see any of my blocks there, since I haven't lost a pound since we started it, GRRR. Actually for December I gained a pound. Sigh
When I tried to access the above site this is what I got:The requested resource (/t-68430-1.htm.) is not available.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by patimint
Count me in, I need to get motivated to take off more weigth. Don't mean to make excuses or chicken out, but can I start on Feb 1st? Just got word yesterday that my mom will be passing in the next couple of days and my sister & I will be down with her until she does & then the funeral and all. I am sure I won't be able to stick to a diet as we will be eating out all the time. I guess I will start in Jan, will give me something to look forward to.
So sorry to hear about your mom. I'm sure it would be to much to worry about everything that goes in your mouth at a time like this. Hope to see you in Feb. Feel free to lurk and enjoy the company during Jan.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Originally Posted by fivepaws
Not replying just wondering if anyone else needs to lose 100 lbs? Are there any of you in for the really long haul. I just turned 70 and started to gain when I was 30 (great depression over that b'day for some reason) anyway, it just kept coming on. Oh, I would lose 30-50 lbs and gain it back plus some more........I know!! How can I be so unhealthy and I am a nurse. I hate the E word with a passion so guess I will have to start walking. I am sure hoping you all can help me do this. I know, I have to do it myself just need that push. Lynne
Missy does. I forgot how much though. I know she lost over 60 lbs but has a lot more to go I think she wighed aroucn 400. I can't remember.
I had 60 and lost 30 since I started this challenge. I want to lose it slow to keep it off.
If you hate to exercise you should try pilates IT WORKS.......... shapes and tones however you don't sweat.
I do to. Started this journey at 291. Just this morning I saw 250.6. So I have 100 lbs to go.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
1 day left for my pigging out for December. I gotta a bunch of new clothing for Christmas that are just a tad bit too small in the waist and big everywhere else, if I drop 5lbs. then they will probably fit perfect. Is it just me or are jeans made oddly? They are big in the butt, thighs and belly but small around the waist. I don't get it.
I have this problem to Carrie. It's just the cut of some jeans keep trying on there are some out there that are just right you just have to keep looking. Other wise it looks like you are wearing jodhpurs.
Old 12-31-2010, 07:37 AM

Women's jeans are cut wider at the hips. Try buying from the men's dept. They tend to do more of a straight leg. I buy men's jeans from Costco, they are cheap, well made and you can buy by the waist and inseam measurement (much like Levi's). I wish women's pants sold by waist and inseam.
Old 12-31-2010, 07:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by lauriejo

For Gwyn and Mary Jane, Carrie did start a thread for making a weight loss quilt http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-68430-1.htm. You won't see any of my blocks there, since I haven't lost a pound since we started it, GRRR. Actually for December I gained a pound. Sigh
ROFLAO me too!!!!!!!!