Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Husqvarna Viking Designer Diamond Sewing & Embroidery - $1750 is this a good deal ? >
  • Husqvarna Viking Designer Diamond Sewing & Embroidery - $1750 is this a good deal ?

• Husqvarna Viking Designer Diamond Sewing & Embroidery - $1750 is this a good deal ?

Old 02-24-2011, 06:36 PM

Sounds too good to be true. I paid that much for my Viking Rose back in 1996 & it does not have the features the Diamond has. Try calling someone that sells the Diamond & ask a few questions. Found this site that has an 800 #

http://www.sewingmachinesplus.com/vi...FYHb4AodWFbWBw
    Old 02-24-2011, 06:36 PM

I would be careful. That price is too good to be true.
    Old 02-24-2011, 06:39 PM
    Cyn

So sorry to hear it may not be a good deal- that is always a bummer but better to find out before you buy a lemon or worse and have to live with that mistake.
    Old 02-24-2011, 06:39 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Cyn
    So sorry to hear it may not be a good deal- that is always a bummer but better to find out before you buy a lemon or worse and have to live with that mistake.
    Yes. That's a *lot* of money to put on the line!
    Old 02-24-2011, 06:42 PM

Omg, so scary! Because with Craigslist, you usually pick it up in person, right? So the only way to get your money if they don't have the right, functioning item is to physically steal it from you. I bought a FW off CL, but the story was credible, the price just average, and I met the seller in public and people knew where I was and what was doing. On eBay, you might get ripped off, but not killed.
    Old 02-24-2011, 06:46 PM

I'd love to know more about this from the OP - where it was listed, if the owner is the original owner.

But doesn't sound good.
    Old 02-24-2011, 07:06 PM

If it's legit, then it's a fabulous deal, but until you know the back story, i would be careful. SOmetimes there are bargains out there.This might be one or it might be a scam. Well worth checking it out tho
    Old 02-25-2011, 03:43 AM

I guess I'm naive, but how do you know it's a scam other than the price? Is there a word or phrase used that alerts you? My DD and SIL were scammed on e-bay, but caught it early enough....actually the bank alerted them as they went to get a money order to pay for something....they contacted e-bay and found out it was, indeed a scam! But CL?? There must be a way to tell. I'd never go to someone's house alone to "try out" a machine or anything, but now I'm really scared about even trying to deal for anything.
    Old 02-25-2011, 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by KellyK
    Is it a good machine? Is it a good price? I just found this for sale locally with less than 24 hrs time actual use for the machine, including all feet/hoops/accessories. I tried to research it but all the links I could find show them at almost 7k dollars. So should I snap it up? I've driven cars that cost less (much less lol) but I'm tired of fighting my machine and I think DH is tired of hearing me curse at it = ) so he would not really have any issues...

thoughts please!
    I have a Designer Diamond and love it. I paid nearly $7000 for the floor model; it is a $9000 sewing machine. I would want it checked out to make sure it is in working order. I would be suspicious of such a low price. The problem with buying one not from a dealer is that you won't get lessons, and repair backup. It is not a machine for a novice. It is very easy to use, but unless you are very computer savvy it might not be the machine for you. Does it have the embroidery unit and all the large hoops with it?
    Old 02-25-2011, 05:06 AM

I have a Diamond and love it. The price seams very CHEAP
    They cost around $8,000 and $9000.
    I would be very cautious.
    LC