Mini shop hop in Ohio

Old 03-07-2011, 02:16 PM

I'm in Sheffield village its about 2 hours away. There is 3 of us going. we're going Friday to go to other stores since there is so so many. we're spilting a room found one cheap and its real nice close to $30 each and even has a huge free breakast. Berlin Inn. we stayed there last year when we went to a 3 day shop hop. Akron is closer you need to go. Its a blast. and they even have prizes!!!!! get your passport BEORE saturday they are only $5 day of hope they are $8.
Debbie

Just check mapquest Akron is just 50 minutes away!!!!
Old 03-07-2011, 04:32 PM

It's all going to depend on whether or not I can get someone to go with me. I don't drive. I'm hoping to convince a friend of mine to take me. I don't have any quilting friends, so it's going to be tough to find someone that's going to want to spend the whole day with me going to quilt stores and such. We will see what happens. Fingers crossed and hopes up, but realistic as well.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by quilterguy27
It's all going to depend on whether or not I can get someone to go with me. I don't drive. I'm hoping to convince a friend of mine to take me. I don't have any quilting friends, so it's going to be tough to find someone that's going to want to spend the whole day with me going to quilt stores and such. We will see what happens. Fingers crossed and hopes up, but realistic as well.
tell her its Amish country more there than quilt stores LOL!!
Old 03-07-2011, 08:46 PM

debbie& I both plan to go!LOVE HEARTHSIDE! I think lonestar is nice too, seemed their prices ran a little lower than others a year ago! If you're going make sure you stop at ZINCK's, a bargain hunter's paradise-never know what you may find for sewing!!
Old 03-07-2011, 08:47 PM

AND CHEESE don't forget to take some home!!!!
Old 03-07-2011, 10:11 PM

My husband and I always spend our anniversary at Berlin Inn and make it a 2 day trip.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:29 AM

Yep always go to Zink's .thats one reason we're going the day before. have to hit the other spots there's so many down there. The friends I'm going with go to Zinks all the time. They are the ones to introduce me to it.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:32 AM

Might have made a mistake on Hotel. We're staying at Berlin Hotel & Suites . not sure if the same as Berlin Inn. But the place is wonderful. Clean, wonderful staff, very reasonable priced and near everything. The free breakfast is great even waffles fresh made and its FREE
Old 03-08-2011, 06:09 AM

OH!!!! Zinks is just AWESOME!!!!! Loads and loads of all kinds of fabric at really good prices! And lots of other sewing STUFF! Every time I have been there there is something different and interesting! Things like bins of zippers, bins of thread, trims, laces, quilt books, scissors, etc. etc. It is such a fun place to go! Bargain hunters paradise is right!

Zinks is just east of Berlin on Rt. 39, maybe a mile or so out of town.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by trisha
My husband and I always spend our anniversary at Berlin Inn and make it a 2 day trip.
We always go to the same area for our anniversary for 2 days! We stay at the Amish Door Inn in Wilmot. It's really nice, we love it. And the wonderful restaurant is right next door. Last year we met a group of ladies from Medina leaving a quilting retreat they had held at the Inn.

Wish I could join all of you. Kidron is a special place for us.... we've been shopping there since the mid 1970's, when it was a very simple store for the Amish.