Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Embroidery machines >

Embroidery machines

Embroidery machines

Old 05-22-2011, 12:11 PM

I have the 300E and love it. (one step behind the one u looked at) It was my first buy several years ago from Ebay. It was used and I have never had one minute of trouble with it. It does up to a 5 x 7 design and thats enough for me.. Ive used it for several quilts for grand babys and great grands. It was over whelming at first, but it didnt take me long to get the hang of it. Join a yahoo Emb group for what machine u buy and they will be a big help. I sent a few examples of what the Janome 300 will do. Maybe that will help u.

Originally Posted by Sarah CA
I've written to a few of your privately asking what kind of embroidery machines you have, but I thought.....why not just post the question to all.

I've recently become a bit obsessed with Crazy Quilting and thought machine embroidery would look great on some of the patches. I love the hand embroidery but just do not have the time. For the ones that do machine embroidery, what machine do you have? I've tested the Bernina Bernette Deco 340 and the Janome 350e, but I can't decide. There are so many others out there and no dealers around in order to test. I've been looking at the "lower end" models, that are embroidery only (not sewing machine combos).

Any advise......likes, dislikes about your machine?
Thank you in advance!!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-200673.jpe   attachment-200674.jpe   attachment-200675.jpe  
Old 05-22-2011, 12:22 PM
Kaz

Have a Pfaff Creative 4.0 but that is a high end one. Previously I had a pfaff 1473 that had a lot of embroidery stitches and could draw your 9mm designs too. Loved that too. But I do love my new one and could get carried away with digitising and just playing.
Old 05-22-2011, 12:59 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Pat_sews
I have the 300E and love it. (one step behind the one u looked at) It was my first buy several years ago from Ebay. It was used and I have never had one minute of trouble with it. It does up to a 5 x 7 design and thats enough for me.. Ive used it for several quilts for grand babys and great grands. It was over whelming at first, but it didnt take me long to get the hang of it. Join a yahoo Emb group for what machine u buy and they will be a big help. I sent a few examples of what the Janome 300 will do. Maybe that will help u.

Originally Posted by Sarah CA
I've written to a few of your privately asking what kind of embroidery machines you have, but I thought.....why not just post the question to all.

I've recently become a bit obsessed with Crazy Quilting and thought machine embroidery would look great on some of the patches. I love the hand embroidery but just do not have the time. For the ones that do machine embroidery, what machine do you have? I've tested the Bernina Bernette Deco 340 and the Janome 350e, but I can't decide. There are so many others out there and no dealers around in order to test. I've been looking at the "lower end" models, that are embroidery only (not sewing machine combos).

Any advise......likes, dislikes about your machine?
Thank you in advance!!
What ADORABLE quilts!!
Old 05-22-2011, 01:01 PM
Power Poster

I have 2. A Bernina 640 and a Brother PE770. Love them both.

Make sure you get one with a 5x7 embroidery field or you will wish you did! I had a deco 340 and within a year upgraded to the 640. My bobbin kept bouncing and nesting on that one.
Old 05-22-2011, 01:02 PM

I have 2 Bernina sewing & embroidery machines, love them but there are other nice machines out there. My sister purchased a Brother embroidery machine, it has s small hoop and a large hoop. I tried it out and it did a pretty good job. I'm sure you you will find one perfect for you.
Old 05-22-2011, 01:02 PM

I have 2 Bernina sewing & embroidery machines, love them but there are other nice machines out there. My sister purchased a Brother embroidery machine, it has s small hoop and a large hoop. I tried it out and it did a pretty good job. I'm sure you you will find one perfect for you.
Old 05-22-2011, 01:05 PM

I have 2 used Bernina Decos - a 600 and 650. They have been excellent machines.
Old 05-22-2011, 01:08 PM

I've been really pleased with my Brother. I have a 2500D.
Alot depends on your budget and how much $$$ you wish to spend. You could always go to a dealer and try some of them and decide for yourself...
Old 05-22-2011, 01:29 PM

Pat, Your quilts with the embroidery are just wonderful. Thank you so much - as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. It's great to see what the machine actually can produce!!!

Pat[quote=Pat_sews]I have the 300E and love it. (one step behind the one u looked at) It was my first buy several years ago from Ebay. It was used and I have never had one minute of trouble with it. It does up to a 5 x 7 design and thats enough for me.. Ive used it for several quilts for grand babys and great grands. It was over whelming at first, but it didnt take me long to get the hang of it. Join a yahoo Emb group for what machine u buy and they will be a big help. I sent a few examples of what the Janome 300 will do. Maybe that will help u.
Old 05-22-2011, 02:01 PM

I started off with a Janome 350e and loved it... but had hoop envy.... I sold that and bought a Janome MB4 which I absolutely hated. It was loud and a pain to thread and I couldn't master how to place things - and the dealership was no help at all at the time...
I sold that and bought a Brother 4500d which is funny because it is what I almost got instead of the MB4. I did get a great deal on it and ended up saving a ton of money.

I don't use my embroidery machine as often as I should but when I do I love it.

I would not get a machine with less than a 5x7" hoop no matter what others tell you. You WILL outgrow the hoop size before you can blink.

Get as good of a machine as you can afford... and shop around.