Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Baileys Longarm quilting machine >

Baileys Longarm quilting machine

Baileys Longarm quilting machine

Old 10-09-2011, 07:55 AM

I have a 13" Bailey and I love it. It does exactly what I want it to do and the price can't be beat. I do have the Stitch Regulator, which I highly recommend.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by leatheflea
You know its just like any other new toy or tool. Theres a learning curve. Its a lot different than sewing on a regular machine. If you cant draw you cant draw with a sewing machine, so you'll have to invest in some templates or pantos depending on weather or not you intend to put it on a frame.
May I make a suggestion? I have a Gammill now, but started with a Juki (9 inch harp) on a table top B-line frame. Leatheflea is right about the learing curve! It will help to SEE it as such. As you learn about your machine, consider it learning to troubleshoot. NEXT time you have that problem, you will know what to try.

My favorite 'ahHA" moment was when I viewed a DVD by Dawn Ramirez "The Pajama quilter" (yes! She does her DVDS in her jammies! ). She introduced me to practicing my free motion on a white board. BOY were my 1st drawings NASTY! But they were eraseable! She has 2 DVDs out and I have #2 on my Christmas wish list. Now I have some basic designs on auto pilot. I also have a small tablet sized white board I take with me in the car when I'm learning a new design. I'm doing butterflies now! Here is her site:

http://www.pajamaquilter.com/

There are short video trailers of the DVD too, so you can get a taste of her teaching style. She is very encouraging. Just ONE suggestion: LOW ODOR DRY ERASE MARKERS! (when I got the DVD, I sat down and doodled so much, I dried one up. My husband came in and thought I had dumped some kind of paint in the bedroom...PEEEEUUUUUU!