Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fabric at Walmart >

Fabric at Walmart

Fabric at Walmart

Old 07-26-2011, 06:23 PM
Power Poster

I'm must so glad to have muslin, batting, and fusible by the yard again!
Old 07-26-2011, 06:28 PM

Our WalMart is getting fabric back...kinda...They have a whole aisle, both sides of precut fabric. They have corduroy, felt, fleece, flannel, home decor and cotton fabric. Some from China and some from Pakistan. The ones from Pakistan and the nicest. Then on the other side they have fQ's , layer cakes, jelly rolls and charm packs. Not all of these of the best quality. Then they have some priced just a little higher labeled Quilters Choice. It is mostly from Pakistan and has a decent hand. Some of the prints are nice too. They have one section with all licensed prints. In another aisle they have batting. So, I am very pleased. Now if I need something fabric-y in the middle of the night (lol) I can run to our 24/7 WM.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:52 PM

Nice to hear it's back in your store. I have not heard anything about it coming back to the 2 stores near my home.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:06 PM

One of our three Wal-Marts still has fabric, though they hardly ever have anyone working there to cut fabric. I end up asking the folks a the photo area for help, and they call for someone. It is irritating. I have considered just cutting it myself, but I suppose that would be wrong.

They used to have workers there, but they have given each worker three or four departments, and they can't be everywhere at once. I feel for them.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:14 PM

Our walmart kept their fabric dept but it has been downsized. Also they only have someone working in that dept til 8 pm. SO if you are a late shopper you will have to go run down someone to cut any fabric. I ended up going up to the customer service dept and the manager came back and cut some insulbrite for me. She said they don't keep any employee back there after 8 pm. Our store is a super walmart and is open 24 hours a day. crafty_linda_b
Old 07-27-2011, 04:08 AM
Power Poster

They will get it worked out
Old 07-27-2011, 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by valsma
Send and email to the corprate and let them know that they have some bugs that need to be worked out of their new fabric dept. I did and it has been at least 85% perfect. I never expect perfect from WalMart but they are trying.
Yes that may help - BUT (IMHO) your email should also include a Thanks for reinstating the Fabric Dept!! I was in our Wally World in Concord yesterday and they too have a brand new fabric dept.