Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
some sewing room views >

some sewing room views

some sewing room views

Old 09-03-2011, 11:52 AM

very nice.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:59 AM
Power Poster

Wow !,!! I think I would never leave! You didn't elaborate, but did you make the cabinets yourself?
Old 09-03-2011, 12:01 PM

love the table/chest in the last pic. Nice room:)
Old 09-03-2011, 12:02 PM

John, I love your sewing room. It looks very organized! Please explain that gravity fed ironing station. It looks neat!
Old 09-03-2011, 12:10 PM

Wow! Neat. I'd like to see the inside of the cutting table.
Old 09-03-2011, 12:33 PM

The gravity feed iron is what is used in a professional sewing business (tailor shops, dressmaking shops) or dry cleaners. It uses water that is filtered through a fine particle filter media that is poured into the bottle and settles at the bottom. It is capable of very high heat, (over 400 degrees) and it consistently maintains the temperature as long as you want it. No if, ands or buts. You can give it a burst of steam and it keeps coming as long as you keep the button pressed. An altogether top notch system. Otherwise why would the pro's buy it. I went through all of the domestic type of irons including the much vaunted Rowenta, and found them either complete pieces of junk, or else not up to the demands of all day sewing/pressing, and so I checked around at the tailor shops and dry cleaners, and they all said. "Get a gravity feed iron". I looked at one, and (Gulp) saw the prices, ( $250-400) but when you consider what I have paid for all the junk domestic models, it probably exceeded that amount by 2. So I jumped into it, and for the last 2 years have never looked back. They are wonderful. The only drawback, is that they can't be moved around like a domestic model. They have to have that gravity bag mounted above the level of the ironing or the water won't flow to the iron. I have seen some people hang them from one of those medical drip bag rolling stands, so that might even solve the mobility problem. That was not a problem for me as I do have a small old iron that I can take with me when we travel or whatever. All the parts are modular and everything on the Iron is user repairable and the parts are available from a lot of commercial sources. It is one of those spend more now and get the best, or spend a lot more over time trying to fine something that works, and seldom does.
I hope this helps. If you are looking for a great iron, this is one thing to consider.
John
Old 09-03-2011, 02:36 PM

very nice
Old 09-03-2011, 03:13 PM

How neat, looks like you have a nice sewing room, enjoy, thanks for sharing.
Old 09-03-2011, 03:29 PM

Yes, I did. Those and all the other pieces of furniture in our house. I have a lot more pictures stored on my old computer, but I haven't transferred them to my new Apple Air (shameless brag). I used to have most of them up on a web hosting site, but people who understand Internet security said it was not a good idea to advertise what you have as it is an open invitation for burglary, so I took the site down.
Old 09-03-2011, 06:17 PM

Love that cabinet.