My Xmas shopping is done!

Old 10-29-2011, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by AlwaysQuilting
I swore last year that I wouldn't fight the rude Xmas crowds ever again. Xmas cheer and love thy neighbor was nowhere to be found.
So this year I started shopping little by little after Labor Day as things showed up in the stores, or go on sale, etc.
I am now officially done.
I just need to wrap it all....ick.
But I think I'll do this again next year.
Smart. I actually shop all year. I have a drawer in my sewing room that I put stuff in to keep for Christmas or birthdays. I wish I would wrap it before putting it in there so I have that to look forward to too. :thumbup: I stay away from stores after Thanksgiving.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:23 AM

Lucky you. I have not even started yet. I do need to get started.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:20 AM

Nicely done! I tend to stay away from the big shopping malls by shopping the smaller stores and/or ordering on-line.

While I am not phobic about it, I just can't tolerate crowds very well. (always been that way)
Old 10-29-2011, 09:27 AM
Power Poster

I order every Christmas gift from Amazon. One click and I'm done. Free shipping with Prime and no min. order. I have been shopping the daily deals all year. I saved a bundle and have Christmas all bought. I may find a few personal things for my DDs to give them but the big wow presents are already in my closet. I even have DD's March birthday gift bought and put away. You can't beat the prices on Amazon daily deals.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:29 AM

Going to be a few small items and cash. Kids are grown and grandkids will get some toys. Keeping it simple and easy peasy here. No big shopping of anykind here. Matter of fact, I will work Black Friday and enjoy the peace and quiet since most people will be out shopping.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I order every Christmas gift from Amazon. One click and I'm done. Free shipping with Prime and no min. order. I have been shopping the daily deals all year. I saved a bundle and have Christmas all bought. I may find a few personal things for my DDs to give them but the big wow presents are already in my closet. I even have DD's March birthday gift bought and put away. You can't beat the prices on Amazon daily deals.
Amazon has a way to get free shipping? Never knew about that (I rarely go there).
Thanks, I'm going to go over there now and find out about it.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:39 AM

I give a combination of store bought, Amazon shipped and homemade gifts throughout the year and stash them as I go. Unfortunately, I can't always remember where I put them by the time I need to wrap gifts... :oops: We have a large house with a badly cluttered basement, mostly full of fabric in large plastic boxes. I still wonder what happened to that Barney video tape I bough my daughter when she was a toddler...she's in college now. I'm sure that video tape is somewhere in the basement... :mrgreen:
Old 10-29-2011, 10:13 AM

I have done that before too (though not this year) and I think there is nothing better than sitting back and enjoying myself while everyone hustles, bustles, stands in line, and fights over parking places. Ahh, talk about The Most Wonderful Time of the Year (Not to be Shopping!!!) haha! :lol:
Old 10-29-2011, 10:14 AM

good for you! :) I'm finishing up my hand made stuff, and then have to do a little buying.
Old 10-29-2011, 10:50 AM
Power Poster

Good for you. I haven't even started.