Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
  • I'm kind of in love with this machine >
  • I'm kind of in love with this machine

• I'm kind of in love with this machine

Old 10-30-2012, 03:55 AM

Archaic, I thought that would be the case but wasn't certain if ALL treadle tops were like that. I know my W&G has the screws even though I was bad and didn't take that apart. Well if you can fit a machine into a mustang then I can fit it anywhere. Hahaha! I'll make it happen! Haha. Actually after today the table might not be available. So we'll see. It's easier to make room for a treadle with out the treadle but thn I can't use her. what a dilemma.

Mimi, yes I'm leaning towards a yes.

Oh an if anyone is curious the belt is apperantly neoprene.
    Old 10-30-2012, 04:54 AM

It is beautiful! Let us know if you get it!
    Old 10-30-2012, 05:58 AM

I would fall in love with it also. That machine is so well color coordinated. The blue treadle belt is VERY interesting to me.
    Old 10-30-2012, 06:04 AM

I will let everyone know if it comes home on the weekend!

So here's a question, since this is a treadle and has the potential of not having a table (because the seller said she has some one coming out to see it) is it possiable to put a motor on it in the mean time? I know that's Kim of taboo around the treadlers but I'd like to use it if it comes home. it would obviously need a different belt, but would that even be possiable? I know there are folks who do this backwards (convert from motor to treadle or handcrank) so I'm curious. It would eventually become a treadle again once I found the perfect table I think. So it would be temporary and I imagine a spare motor is always a useful thing to have.
    Old 10-30-2012, 06:08 AM

Kittywolf - it probably would work fine. OTOH, so would converting it to a hand crank and the hand crank attachments are easy to come by, not terribly expensive and fit many machines. Oh, and they'd make the machine (or other similar machines) more useful the next time a hurricane targets you instead of the upper coast
    Old 10-30-2012, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by Kittywolf13
    I will let everyone know if it comes home on the weekend!

So here's a question, since this is a treadle and has the potential of not having a table (because the seller said she has some one coming out to see it) is it possiable to put a motor on it in the mean time? I know that's Kim of taboo around the treadlers but I'd like to use it if it comes home. it would obviously need a different belt, but would that even be possiable? I know there are folks who do this backwards (convert from motor to treadle or handcrank) so I'm curious. It would eventually become a treadle again once I found the perfect table I think. So it would be temporary and I imagine a spare motor is always a useful thing to have.
    Kittywolf,

The answer is yes, you can motorize it easily. Sew-Classic has all the parts you need. Belts too. The machine is just a standard HA-1 clone, nothing special about it other than it's a purty blue color.

But, in this case, if it doesn't come in the treadle base I'd skip it. Buying it as a whole will be much easier than piecing it together.
    And probably less expensive.

Joe
    Old 10-30-2012, 08:51 AM

Pink, I don't know how well I'd handle a HC but I guess with everything it's worth a shot an some practice. Something to consider.

Joe, you really think so? Hmmm I'll see what she tells me. She did sell the treadle base so it might be or the best to avoid it but I shall see what she says. Who knows maybe I'll luck out and win a machine at the raffle. Who knows. I'll keep my options open.
    Old 10-30-2012, 12:54 PM

Boohoo! I didn't get to see it 'cause the post has been taken down by its author...
    Old 10-30-2012, 06:06 PM

Thats because she sold the table today. And it looks like it isn't coming home with me on Saturday either. It's just too much trouble to piece it together after the fact. So I'll cross my fingers that they'll be another machine waiting for me on Saturday. maybe a lucky raffle win.
    Old 10-31-2012, 06:48 PM

Just said post removed. Someone got lucky.